I’m here today with someone I recently met and absolutely loved her energy and her contagious excitement for life. Her name is Angela Gargano and she is an athlete, a coach, an international fitness model, and a speaker. I met her at an event and really connected with her on women’s fitness. She does a lot of work helping women to be able to do pull-ups, which is something that has been difficult for me to date and I’m currently doing her pull-up program hoping to change that.
But she’s just a fascinating, inspiring human, and she talks about her journey with strength, with American Ninja Warrior, and now with helping thousands of women get stronger. I love her message, which is that strong feels good. And she really dials it down with some specifics in this episode about how to get the minimum effective dose and get the most benefit from these things in your life without having to spend hours in the gym. In fact, she actually recommends against hours a day in the gym. She definitely walks the walk and lives this and she helps many others do the same, and she gives really applicable tips for increasing strength and muscle mass in this episode. Such a fun one for me. I know that you’ll enjoy it as well.
Episode Highlights With Angela Gargano
- Her journey with strength, ninja warrior and helping women
- How she helps women get their first pull-up
- Why strong feels good and how she focuses on strength and not size
- She isn’t a fan of the assisted band… here’s why
- Why random workouts lead to random results
- Her minimum effective dose for getting the most benefit without tons of time in the gym
- Simple guidelines for improving strength
- Why every woman can do a pull-up and it won’t take as long as you think
- More isn’t better… better is better
- How much cardio should you actually do?
- Her own 80/20 for wellness
Resources We Mention
- Angela Gargano
- Pull-up Revolution
- Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World by Admiral William H. McRaven
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Stop Acting Like You’re Going To Live Forever: 36 articles to help you think differently and achieve your version of success, now by Jodie Cook
More From Wellness Mama
- 117: Fitness at Any Age with Flipping 50s Debra Atkinson
- 93: How to Avoid the Most Common Fitness Mistakes Women Make
- 8 Ways to Make Fitness a HabitHow to Become a Certified Nutritionist or Wellness Coach
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...