Today, I’m here with Clark Bartram, whose known as “America’s Most Trusted Fitness Professional.” As an elite master trainer, he has helped people become more physically fit while also tending to their emotional and spiritual sides.
We mostly talk about mindset, which he and I agree is the most important factor for health, but we also cover things like the minimum effective dose for fitness, what he tracks and what he doesn’t track, and his simple tools for knowing how much and what to eat. Then we discuss why fad diets don’t work, how to make sustainable shifts, and his five lifestyle principles for health.
We go in many different directions, and it’s a very wide-ranging and fun conversation. I think you will enjoy it as much as I did. So let’s join Clark.
Episode Highlights With Clark Bartram
- His advice to not overcomplicate fitness and love who we are today
- The minimum effective dose for fitness
- What he tracks and what he doesn’t… it might surprise you
- Why mindset matters so much
- Simple tools for knowing how much and what to eat
- Why fad diets don’t work and how to make them sustainable
- His 5 lifestyle principles for health in order: mindset, meals, movement, community, supplementation
- A good way to get into a calorie deficit without depriving yourself of too much food
- How breathing is a tool for health
- The differences between men and women in workouts and food
- Why food is the most powerful drug on the planet and how to use it
- How small communities are key to health and how to cultivate one
- Why he encourages “huddles” for small group community
- The homework he leaves all listeners with—try it!
- His parting advice when it comes to mindset
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Clark’s Tik Tok, YouTube, Instagram, and app
- Where Your Mind Goes, You Go: A Mental Journey Toward a Healthy Body And a Successful Life by Clark Bartram
- As A Man Thinketh by James Allen
More From Wellness Mama
- 354: How to Upgrade Your Brain and Learn Anything Faster With Limitless Author Jim Kwik
- 382: World Renowned Mindset Expert on High Performance and Setting Our Kids Up for Success With Elliot Roe
- 488: Laila Ali on Mindset From World Championship Boxing to Health and Wellness
- 496: Paul Hoffman on Sculpting Your Life and How to Sculpt the Masterpiece Known As YOU!
- 093: Meredith Vieceli on Avoiding Common Fitness Mistakes
- 369: Lessons From Gaining & Losing 75 Pounds of Fat With Fit2Fat2Fit Drew Manning
- 133: Michelle Perro & Vincanne Adams on GMOs, Glyphosate, & Organic Food
- 392: Understanding Genetics vs Epigenetics: How Genes Work Like Dominos and What Yours Are Telling You With Dr. Lynch of StrateGene
- 356: How to Improve Your Health Based on Genetics With Joe Cohen From SelfDecode
- 136: Dr. Jennifer Stagg on How to Unzip Your Genes to Understand Your Health
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Sunday for Dogs… a new staple in our house that the newest family members could tell you the most about if they could talk. Lollipop and Hemingway, our two family dogs, are loving this food and get so excited when it’s time to eat now! When we got them, I knew I didn’t want to feed them overly processed kibble and homemade options were a lot of work! And Sunday has been my solution. It’s the first (and only) human-grade, air-dried dog food. Combining the nutrition and taste of all-natural, human-grade foods, with the ease of a zero-prep, ready-to-eat formula, Sundays is the best way to feed your best friend. Sundays is easier for dog parents to manage than refrigerated human-grade dog food brands. No fridge, prep, or clean-up. Unlike most human-grade dog foods, Sundays is gently air-dried and ready-to-eat, versus those other brands that are cooked and frozen instead. It’s as simple as scoop into their bowl and watch your pup devour it. In a blind taste test, Sundays outperformed leading competitors 40-0. No artificial binders, synthetic additives, or general garbage — seriously, look at the label. All of Sundays’ ingredients are easy to pronounce (okay, except quinoa), and healthy for dogs to eat. We’ve worked out a special deal for our listeners. Receive 35% off your first order. Go to sundaysfordogs.com/WELLNESSMAMA or use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout.
This podcast is brought to you by OLIPOP– a new kind of soda that is actually good for you (and tastes amazing). I’d given up on sodas a long time ago until I found Olipop… It tastes just like the sodas I grew up with, but unlike other sodas that are full of sugar, corn syrup, and artificial ingredients like aspartame, Olipop is made with natural ingredients that are actually good for you. And this is why Olipop is the fastest growing functional beverage brand in America. They have delicious nostalgic flavors like Vintage Cola, Classic Root Beer, Orange Squeeze, Cherry Vanilla, Strawberry Vanilla and their newest flavor Classic Grape. My personal favorite is strawberry vanilla and my kids love the root beer. They use functional ingredients that combine the benefits of prebiotics, plant fiber and botanicals to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. And they have less than a tenth of the sugar of regular soda, all from natural gut-friendly sources. They are so confident that you will LOVE their products that they offer a 100% money back guarantee for orders placed through their website. I’ve worked out a special deal just for you. Receive 15% off your purchase. I recommend trying their variety pack. This is a great way to try all of their delicious flavors. Go to drinkolipop.com/wellnessmama or use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout to claim this deal. OLIPOP can also be found in over 5,000 stores across the country, including Kroger, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Wegmans.