Today, I’m here with Clark Bartram, whose known as “America’s Most Trusted Fitness Professional.” As an elite master trainer, he has helped people become more physically fit while also tending to their emotional and spiritual sides.
We mostly talk about mindset, which he and I agree is the most important factor for health, but we also cover things like the minimum effective dose for fitness, what he tracks and what he doesn’t track, and his simple tools for knowing how much and what to eat. Then we discuss why fad diets don’t work, how to make sustainable shifts, and his five lifestyle principles for health.
We go in many different directions, and it’s a very wide-ranging and fun conversation. I think you will enjoy it as much as I did. So let’s join Clark.
Episode Highlights With Clark Bartram
- His advice to not overcomplicate fitness and love who we are today
- The minimum effective dose for fitness
- What he tracks and what he doesn’t… it might surprise you
- Why mindset matters so much
- Simple tools for knowing how much and what to eat
- Why fad diets don’t work and how to make them sustainable
- His 5 lifestyle principles for health in order: mindset, meals, movement, community, supplementation
- A good way to get into a calorie deficit without depriving yourself of too much food
- How breathing is a tool for health
- The differences between men and women in workouts and food
- Why food is the most powerful drug on the planet and how to use it
- How small communities are key to health and how to cultivate one
- Why he encourages “huddles” for small group community
- The homework he leaves all listeners with—try it!
- His parting advice when it comes to mindset
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Clark’s Tik Tok, YouTube, Instagram, and app
- Where Your Mind Goes, You Go: A Mental Journey Toward a Healthy Body And a Successful Life by Clark Bartram
- As A Man Thinketh by James Allen
More From Wellness Mama
- 354: How to Upgrade Your Brain and Learn Anything Faster With Limitless Author Jim Kwik
- 382: World Renowned Mindset Expert on High Performance and Setting Our Kids Up for Success With Elliot Roe
- 488: Laila Ali on Mindset From World Championship Boxing to Health and Wellness
- 496: Paul Hoffman on Sculpting Your Life and How to Sculpt the Masterpiece Known As YOU!
- 093: Meredith Vieceli on Avoiding Common Fitness Mistakes
- 369: Lessons From Gaining & Losing 75 Pounds of Fat With Fit2Fat2Fit Drew Manning
- 133: Michelle Perro & Vincanne Adams on GMOs, Glyphosate, & Organic Food
- 392: Understanding Genetics vs Epigenetics: How Genes Work Like Dominos and What Yours Are Telling You With Dr. Lynch of StrateGene
- 356: How to Improve Your Health Based on Genetics With Joe Cohen From SelfDecode
- 136: Dr. Jennifer Stagg on How to Unzip Your Genes to Understand Your Health
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...