Jim Kwik taught me how to speed read, one of the most valuable skills I have ever mastered. Now he’s back on the show today to talk to us about how to upgrade your brain and learn anything faster!
And his story is incredible. After a childhood brain injury, teachers gave him little hope and told him he had a “broken brain.” To compensate, Jim had to figure out unique strategies to enhance his mental performance.
Now Jim hosts the top-rated Kwik Brain podcast and just released a new book, Limitless, which is his brain blueprint for unlocking an exceptional life. In this episode, he gives some practical strategies for navigating isolation and crisis, how to train yourself to learn anything more quickly, and the methods that can help anyone find their sweet spot and inner genius.
Episode Highlights With Jim Kwik
- How to train your brain for better concentration
- Three reasons you may feel “stuck” in a certain area of life – and how to get outside the box
- How smart devices are helping us “practice being distracted”
- One change you can make in the morning to improve focus
- A no-fail formula for tackling any problem effectively
- 7 core lies we may have been sold… and how to banish them for good
- A simple framework for overcoming old limitations
- Advice for all those suddenly homeschooling in the last few months
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- 184: Meta Learning, Speed Reading & How to Learn Faster With Jim Kwik
- LimitlessBook.com (and find out how to get a free speed reading program)
- Limitless: Upgrade Your Brain, Learn Anything Faster, and Unlock Your Exceptional Life
- Kwik Brain Podcast
- Jim Kwik Instagram
More From Wellness Mama
- 347: The Neuroscience of Calm During Stressful Times With Dr. David Rabin
- 259: How to Learn Languages by Ear With Idahosa Ness
- 101: Critical Thinking in a Social Media World (What You Didn’t Learn in History Class)
- 8 Income-Building Job Skills You Can Learn at Home
- My Favorite Health Books
- How Your Phone Is Changing Your Brain
- 6 Favorite Practical Homeschool Resources (My Kids Love)
Are you a speed reader? Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. You’ve heard me talk about them a lot and it’s because I love them so much. Their products are a regular part of my life and I can’t remember the last time I didn’t use at least one of their products. My hands down favorite is their coffee with Lions Mane and there are two ways I drink it…they make convenient packets that are great for adding to hot water for coffee on-the-go and they also make ground coffee with Lion’s Mane that is great for brewing just like you would any other coffee. Neither of these tastes like mushrooms – they taste just like coffee but provide the added boost from Lion’s Mane, which gives me clean energy and focus all day without the jitters or acidity of some other coffee products. I also love the coffee packets for the popular dalgona coffee that’s making the rounds on social media right now and I make it with Coffee + Lion’s Mane packets and coconut sugar for a delicious iced coffee treat. Check out this and all of their products at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and code wellnessmama gives 15% off.
This podcast is sponsored by HypoAir, a line of powerful air purifiers and surface sanitizers for every environment. Their systems and technologies are backed by 15 years of laboratory, university, and “real world” commercial studies that prove they can handle mold, dust, viruses, allergens, bacteria, chemicals, VOCs and more. Unlike some systems, theirs combine various methods of purifying the air for highly effective systems that can handle small apartments or individual rooms all the way up to full size commercial units. With the focus on air quality right now, I wanted to make these systems available to everyone and listeners of this podcast can save 10% with the code wellnessmama10 at hypoair.com