This podcast is all about an amazing and inspirational story of overcoming cancer, how mindset can impact your health and also dives into other areas such as sexual health and biohacking. I am here with Dr. Kanwal Bawa, who is a Board Certified physician and founder of Bawa Medical and Chief Medical Officer at New Wave. She is committed to her philosophy of rejuvenation from the inside out.
In this episode, she shares her story of overcoming breast cancer and becoming a beauty queen in the process. She shares the reason she did that and how she used that platform to show her scars, her hair loss and all the things that came along with her cancer diagnosis and treatment. She also dives into some taboo topics and talks about sexual health quite a bit and some really surprising statistics on health and hormones related to both men and women. It’s definitely, a fact-packed episode and her story is really incredible.
Episode Highlights With Dr. Kanwal Bawa
- Her amazing story of cancer diagnosis and recovery
- How she was misdiagnosed for three years before receiving a breast cancer diagnosis
- The importance of advocating for ourselves in medical care
- Why she joined a beauty pageant shortly after cancer and did it without a wig or covering her scars
- Why mindset was everything for her in recovery
- The reason she thinks sexual health is so important and how she helps her patients support it
- The results her patients see from sexual rejuvenation
- Why 20% of men in their 20s suffer from ED
- The reason sleep issues in men is causing a drop in important hormones
- Why sleep and hydration are critical for health, hormones and fertility
- The reason many women have trouble with orgasms and why only 18% of women can orgasm from penetrative sex
- How bloodflow comes into play in orgasm and sexual health
- Her own story of overcoming adversity in several areas
- Two pieces of advice: do monthly breast exams and get tested, and be an advocate for yourself
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 168: A Proactive Approach to Aging and Sexual Health and Wellness With HealthWellnessMD
- 309: How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
- 440: Working Through Trauma and Understanding the Mind/Body Connection With Ari Langdon
- 454: Dr. Jennifer Tippett on Trauma Therapy, Never Wasting Triggers, and Psychedelic Research
- Symptoms of Vaginal Atrophy (& Natural Ways to Protect Vaginal Health)
- Natural Ways to Improve Libido & Sex Drive in Women
- 7 Natural Ways to Boost Breast Health
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast episode is sponsored by Four Sigmatic, my source for superfood drinks that I’ve been enjoying for years. They like to say that Four Sigmatic basically means really good for you. And based on loving their products for a long time I have to agree. To share a little bit more about one of my favorites, they have a crash-free coffee infused with mushrooms like lion’s mane and cordyceps or an extra brain boost without the extra caffeine. The mild amount of caffeine, about half of a normal cup of coffee plus the mushrooms, gives me all-day focus. It’s organic and fair trade and a staple of my morning routine. To mix it up, I sometimes also sip on their matcha packets or make a smoothie or latte with one of their blends. They have both regular ground coffee and instant packets which I always have with me when I travel or am on the go. Check out all of their products at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and use the code wellnessmama to save 10% on everything.
This episode is brought to you by Joovv Red Light Therapy Devices. Fall is just around the corner, and the days are getting shorter, temperatures are going to be cooler, and we’ll have less of a chance to get healthy natural sunlight but I have a trick to staying healthy and getting some of the same benefits during the winter. And that’s my Joovv light. Joovv can’t replace natural sunlight but it does deliver similar wavelengths of light, red and near-infrared to be specific, that have been clinically proven to be very beneficial to your health. I’ve had one for years and they offer a wide selection of configurations, from small handheld devices to large setups that can treat your entire body at once. It’s also very important to note that the critical components used in their devices are medical-grade and have passed rigorous third-party testing to ensure they’re safe and effective for home use. I’ve been using mine for healthy skin and to tighten up my skin after six babies and a lot of weight loss. Since we’re all staring at the gloomy months ahead, I highly recommend investing in a Joovv device. Believe me, you’ll feel a lot better with this light in your home this winter. And for a limited time, Joovv is offering all of my listeners an exclusive discount on their first order. To find out go to joovv.com/wellnessmama and use the code Wellness Mama to your order. So again, that’s joovv.com/wellnessmama and the code Wellness Mama to get this limited time offer.