Today Dr. Robin Rose and I are taking a deep dive into gut health, fertility, and why metabolites are vital to overall health. (Plus what metabolites are!). Dr. Robin is a board-certified specialist in gastroenterology and internal medicine. As a mom herself, her work at her practice Terrain Health focuses on helping women to improve fertility by improving their health through totally customized health plans.
The really fascinating thing here is that the clinical studies on this method show a practically unheard of success rate. These women go from about a 30% chance of a successful pregnancy to a 75% success rate. This information is for women who are struggling with fertility, even if they’ve already started on IVF, but also for women who are overall trying to have a healthy pregnancy.
Even if you’re like me and not currently trying for a baby, Dr. Robin’s information today on how gut bacteria and metabolites affect the body is a game changer when it comes to health. So I hope you’ll join me for today’s podcast. Let’s dive in!
Episode Highlights With Dr. Robin
- Emerging research about how gut health is even more important than we thought
- The things affecting our gut bacteria in a negative way
- 95% of disease begins in the gut
- The link between fertility and gut health
- New advanced testing that looks at vaginal and gut microbiome for fertility that is helping 75%+ of women struggling with infertility to get pregnant
- Important findings that they’re learning from this new testing that can help everyone, even those not trying to conceive
- The dramatic health benefits of gratitude
Resources We Mention
- Terrain Health – Dr. Robin Rose
- The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles by Terry Wahls M.D.
- Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds by Kelly A. Turner PhD
More From Wellness Mama
- 025: Dr. Terry Wahls on Autoimmunity, GMOs, & Food as Medicine
- 297: Why the Wahls Protocol Works for More Than MS: An Update With Dr. Terry Wahls
- 479: Sarah Greenfield on the Gut + Hormone Connection and Learning From Your Poop
- 327: Optimizing Gut Health to Keep the Immune System Strong With Tina Anderson
- 505: Dr. Michael Ruscio on Gut Health, Autoimmunity, Thyroid, and Sleep
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.