New chicken recipes are always welcome, right? I feel like every family has their favorites (pad krapow gai is ours), but at the same time, it’s nice to try something new every once in a while. This honey mustard chicken with mushrooms was the result of that try-something-new urge. It turned out great!
Honey Mustard Chicken with Mushrooms
To make this honey mustard chicken, stir together a sauce of yellow and grainy mustard and honey in a small bowl and set it aside. Next, saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic in a skillet. Add the chicken, pour the sauce over the top, and put the whole thing in the oven to cook.
While it’s cooking, I usually make a veggie side or salad to go with the chicken. This recipe has some really delicious pan sauce when it’s done cooking so sometimes I serve it over rice or cauliflower rice.
My favorite way to cook is with one pan. I have a couple of beautiful ceramic skillets that transfer easily from stovetop to oven. Fewer pans to scrub is always a win.
While this honey mustard chicken isn’t technically a one-pan meal recipe, I do make it into a one-pan meal on super busy days. I add broccoli or another vegetable before putting it in the oven. Just make sure you choose a hearty enough vegetable to withstand the long cook time. Or add it in partway through.
Here are some of my favorite one-pan meals:
- Bacon Chicken Alfredo stovetop meal
- Baked Salmon and Asparagus sheet pan meal
- Broccoli Quiche with Bacon with an oven-proof skillet
- Pretty much every stir fry is a one-pan stovetop meal, and I’ve got lots!
- I’ve been thinking lately that I need more sheet pan meals in my life. This one’s not mine, but I could do something like this with my grain-free meatloaf recipe and homemade BBQ sauce.
So, if, like me, you love easy but still healthy cooking, give this honey mustard chicken recipe or one of these others a try!
Honey Mustard Chicken with Mushrooms Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by whisking together the mustards, honey, paprika, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions and mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1 - 2 minutes.
- If using an oven-proof skillet, add the chicken. If not, transfer the onion/mushroom mixture to a baking dish and add the chicken.
- Drizzle the honey mustard mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy.
Do you have a favorite one-pan meal like this honey mustard chicken? I’d like to learn about it! Let me know below.