Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
I’ll admit, I use a lot of eggs in my recipes! I use them in my healthy butter pecan ice cream, sous vide egg bites, and even stuffed acorn squash boats. When they’re from a good source, eggs pack a lot of nutrients into a small package. They’re a great source of proteins, healthy fats, iron, and several vitamins and minerals. So I’m pretty excited to share this grain-free and gluten-free bacon broccoli quiche recipe with you.
Broccoli Bacon Quiche with Cheddar and Onions
For this quiche I decided to go with the classic combo of broccoli and bacon. I cooked the bacon, broccoli, and onion all in the same pan (saves on time and dishes!). In another bowl I whisked together the eggs, dairy, shredded cheese, and seasonings. Then I just poured it over the top of the broccoli mixture and baked it until it was done. The end result was delicious!
Feel free to use leftover already cooked broccoli from another meal if you have it. Just skip cooking it with the bacon and mix it in after the bacon and onions are done.
You can eat the finished quiche warm, or chill it and eat it later cold. It’s one of those awesome dishes that works for every meal. Eat it with fruit for breakfast, or add a side salad and have it for lunch or dinner.
Why Crustless Quiche?
We don’t eat a lot of grains in our house, so I decided to make this quiche a crustless one. I played around with the idea of making a gluten-free crust, but in the end I decided, why bother? This crustless quiche holds together really well and still has the silky smooth texture of a quiche, without the added step of making and baking a crust.
Recipes that can be made into easy portable lunches are always a win with me. Divide the quiche ingredients between small ramekins or the wells of a muffin tin before baking for individually portioned lunches. Then just grab one and maybe a mason jar salad and you have lunch to go.
If you’re baking the quiche in smaller containers, just make sure you reduce the baking time to adjust for the reduced volume. When the quiches are finished baking they will have a slight wiggle to them. When you poke the center with a butter knife, it should come out clean.
Check out this post for instructions on freezing and cooking quiches that you’ve made ahead.
Bacon Broccoli Quiche Recipe
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 small onion
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 1 cup heavy cream (or full-fat coconut milk)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a pie plate with coconut oil and set aside.
- Dice the bacon.
- In a medium-size skillet, cook the bacon until it is cooked, but not yet crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking chop the broccoli into small, bite-size pieces and finely dice the onion.
- Add the broccoli and onion to the bacon and continue cooking until they are slightly softened.
- Spread the bacon/broccoli mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared pie plate.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, milk, and heavy cream.
- Stir in the shredded cheese, if using.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and broccoli.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow the quiche to cool slightly, then slice and enjoy!
Do you ever make quiche? What is your favorite way to make it?
Discussion (5 Comments)
Great recipe. I made it entirely in my cast iron skillet on my gas grill. Turned out wonderful. The whole family loved it
Good article thanks for sharing step by step .But it should be tried when we have more time such as 1 hour 30 minutes time so,i feel its good for lunch. How will eating broccoli everyday affect the overall health of body?
My favourite crustless quiche recipe is super simple and good for breakfast, lunch or dinner
1- box of frozen chopped spinach
2 cups of cottage cheese
2 cups grated cheddar
Drain spinach and mix all ingredients together in large bowl
Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 45-60 minutes @ 375 degrees
Where is the ingredient list?
You should see it in the recipe box if you scroll down 🙂