These healthy fish sticks are a great solution to the deep fried, processed, flour coated favorite. My kids love fish sticks and figuring out a healthy recipe for them was a high priority when we adapted to a healthier way of eating. These take very little time to make and the fish can be cut different sizes to make fish nuggets or regular breaded filets of fish (for the over 5 crowd). Served with my homemade ketchup and a salad.
Homemade Fish Sticks
- Cut the fish into strips or chunks.
- Heat the fat you are using to fry in a skillet over medium high heat.
- While the fat is heating, beat the eggs In a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine coconut flour, spices, and Parmesan.
- Dip the fish pieces first in the egg and then in the coconut flour breading and place in the preheated skillet.
- Move the fish sticks as little as possible while cooking, as coconut flour will fall off with too much movement.
- Flip when they start to brown cooking approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
Does your family enjoy fish sticks? Ever made your own?