These healthy fish sticks are a great solution to the deep fried, processed, flour coated favorite. My kids love fish sticks and figuring out a healthy recipe for them was a high priority when we adapted to a healthier way of eating. These take very little time to make and the fish can be cut different sizes to make fish nuggets or regular breaded filets of fish (for the over 5 crowd). Served with my homemade ketchup and a salad.
Homemade Fish Sticks
Yield 4 +
Homemade fish sticks with coconut flour coating are a gluten free alternative to store bought fish sticks.
- Cut the fish into strips or chunks.
- Heat the fat you are using to fry in a skillet over medium high heat.
- While the fat is heating, beat the eggs In a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine coconut flour, spices, and Parmesan.
- Dip the fish pieces first in the egg and then in the coconut flour breading and place in the preheated skillet.
- Move the fish sticks as little as possible while cooking, as coconut flour will fall off with too much movement.
- Flip when they start to brown cooking approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
These can be breaded in advance a frozen raw. Simply increase cooking time slightly. Serve with homemade ketchup for dipping.
Serving Size 6 fish sticks
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19.5 g
Saturated Fat 4.9 g
Cholesterol 161 mg
Sodium 458 mg
Total Carbohydrates 20.9 g
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 28.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Does your family enjoy fish sticks? Ever made your own?