Ketchup is one of the most kid-friendly foods out there, and some kids (mine!) will eat anything, including liver, with ketchup on it. Unfortunately, most store bought versions are packed with GMO tomatoes and High Fructose Corn Syrup.
Homemade Ketchup Recipe
Thankfully, this ketchup recipe is one of the easiest condiments to make at home with basic ingredients and a blender or food processor. I make this every few weeks and always have it on hand to add to dishes.
Easy Homemade Ketchup
Yield 8 +
A natural and simple homemade ketchup recipe that kids love.
- 3 cans/jars of organic Tomato Paste (I order the jars by the case from here)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar (this will leave a faint apple taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons honey or cane sugar, or about 1/2 tsp stevia powder/tincture (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- A pinch of each of the following (to taste): Cinnamon, cloves, all-spice, cayenne
- 1 cup of water
- Optional: 1 teaspoon powdered chia seeds (powder in food processor or blender) for thickness
- Put the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend well. Put in fridge to let flavors meld overnight or at least two hours.
- Use as you would the GMOhighfructosecornsyrup regular ketchup.
Other Homemade Condiment Recipes:
- Egg Free Mayo with Avocado
- Italian Dressing Recipe
- Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Asian Vinaigrette
- Homemade Pasta Sauce from fresh tomatoes
- Honey Mustard Sauce and Dressing
- Lactofermented Salsa
- Caesar Dressing
Ever made your own condiments? Please share below!