After much trial and error, I present to you my Perfect Chicken Salad. Why is it perfect, you ask? Besides tasting great, it is gluten free, mayo free, low carb and packed with nutrients. It’s also super easy and fast to make (even faster if you use leftover chicken!) and is a great lunch, dinner, or snack. Pack in container or plastic bag for a fast on-the-go meal.
I like this on top of cucumber slices or rolled up in lettuce leaves. It can top salad or be eaten alone.
- 4-5 Chicken Breasts, cooked and cubed
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 large stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped (optional)
- ½ to 1 cup plain, full fat yogurt
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP honey (optional)
- garlic powder, salt, pepper, basil to taste
- Lettuce or spinach
- Put chicken, walnuts, celery, and apple in bowl
- Add yogurt, honey, lemon juice and spices
- Mix until everything is eavenly coated
- Serve over lettuce or spinach or wrap in leaves or romaine for chicken-salad wraps
What’s your favorite salad? Share below!