I’m always looking for fun ways to prepare veggies, and this is a kid-favorite at our house. These Zucchini fritters are similar to tater tots or hash browns in taste but are more nutritious. They are also very simple to make and reheat well (and leftovers are great in omelets or with an over-easy egg for breakfast!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (optional, can replace with almond flour or 3 tablespoons of coconut flour)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, salt, pepper and basil leaf
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grate the zucchini with a cheese grater or food processor. Add the salt and squeeze very tightlywith a towel or some paper towels to get the excess liquid out. Put in a medium sized bowl.
- Grate the onion and add to the bowl. Add the eggs, parmesan cheese and almond flour. Sprinkle the spices on top of the mixture and mix until evenly incorporated. To bake: well grease a baking sheet or muffin tins and put tablespoon size amounts of the mixture onto the baking sheet or fill the muffin tins ½ full.
- Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes or until tops and sides are starting to brown. Serve alone or with homemade ketchup. Can also pan fry in coconut oil for a crispier outer coating.
Are you a zucchini fan? How do you fix it? Share below!