This healthy dinner can be made in under 30 minutes. It’s a healthy version of “Hamburger Helper” that is kid-approved.
You can add pasta sauce for a spaghetti like dish or peel the zucchini to sneak past picky kids (or spouses!). It’s an easy meal on a busy night!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 onions
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic or garlic powder
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, basil, oregano and thyme to taste (I used about 1 tsp of each)
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- toppings: Pasta sauce, parmesan cheese, grated cheese (all optional)
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Thinly slice onions and add to skillet.
- Using a peeler or food processor that can julienne, slice the zucchini into “noodles” and add to skillet.
- Cook until starting to soften.
- Remove from the skillet and place in a baking dish.
- Put under the broiler and cook about 7-10 minutes until desired crispness.
- While cooking, brown the ground beef and add spices of choice.
- Add onions/zucchini back to the skillet, mix and serve.
- Top with any desired toppings and enjoy!
What is your favorite easy dinner idea? Share below!