Last week, there was a lot of emphasis on getting the bad stuff out of your house and your diet. This week, the focus shifts to incorporating the good… and oh, does it taste good!
As a prelude to the Big FAT Challenge (stay tuned tomorrow)… this is one of my favorite recipes that uses good fats. I used to love fried foods and figured I would have to give them up forever when I realized just how bad vegetable oils are! This recipe uses health fats and coconut flour to make a healthy and delicious version of a typically unhealthy food.
- 1 large onion
- approx ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- garlic powder, salt, pepper
- 2 eggs
- tallow(my favorite), lard or coconut oil
- Heat fat (tallow, lard or coconut oil) over medium/high heat in a large skillet
- Mix coconut flour, arrowroot and spices on a large plate
- Beat eggs in a bowl
- Peel and thinly slice whole onion into rings
- Separate rings and dip into egg mixture, then into coconut mixture
- Drop into hot oil and cook about 3 minutes per side
- Remove and eat