Ever wish you could enjoy a sausage biscuit for breakfast without the intestinal aftermath? Maybe you’d just like a bread like substance to soak up soup or chili with? Perhaps you miss Eggs Benedict or strawberry shortcake?
There is a solution. At the request of my husband, I’ve finally figured out a good recipe for coconut flour biscuits, and they are very versatile. My favorite use is in Eggs Benedict, though my kids love the strawberry shortcake. Try them and let me know what you think!
- ⅓ cup Coconut Flour
- 5 TBSP Butter or Coconut Oil, softened but not melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 TBSP honey (optional)
- dash of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Put all ingredients into medium sized bowl and mix well with immersion blender or hand mixer until well incorporated
- Using your hands, carefully form into nine small balls and mash each one down with a spoon to make it about ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Top with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream for Strawberry Shortcake
- Top with egg, bacon and hollandaise sauce for Eggs Benedict
- Serve with chili or soup
- Add cinnamon and top with cream cheese for a cinnamon type roll
- Cut in half or use two to make a sandwich for breakfast or lunch.
- Add 1/2 cup grated cheese and 1/4 tsp cayenne to make cheese biscuits
What is your favorite use for biscuits? Will you try these? Let me know!