One of my favorite recipes for busy days when I don’t have time to cook in the afternoon. Chuck roasts have a good fat profile and awesome flavor. Roast with salad, baked sweet potato wedges and broccoli is a regular meal around here and the kids love it.
- 3-4 pound chuck roast
- 2 onions
- salt and pepper
- herbs (I use at least 1 teaspoons each of basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary and garlic)
- Marinate in spices at least 10 minutes, though several hours is better.
- Brown meat on all sides in a skillet on medium-high heat to lock in juices.
- Place roast along with sliced onions and 1-1.5 cups of water or beef broth in a crock pot or roasting pan. Cover tightly.
- Cook for 5-7 hours in crock pot or 3-4 hours in the oven.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting. Slice against the grain.
Let me know what you think, or share a favorite roast recipe below!