Hairspray is one of the worst offenders when it comes to chemicals in beauty products. It typically has aerosol, plastics, VOCs and more.
Luckily, like most beauty products, there is a simple, natural and easy to make alternative that is also less expensive and healthier for hair.
If you use hairspray, try this natural alternative… your health and the environment will thank you! If you are looking more for a texturizing and volumizing spray, check out this sea spray for hair instead.
- 1.5 cups filtered water (boil if you can't filter)
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar (darker ones don't really work here)
- 1 tablespoon of high proof alcohol like vodka (I actually like spiced rum for the scent)
- 10-15 drops of essential oil of choice
- Boil water and dissolve sugar in it.
- Allow to cool to room temp and add alcohol and essential oils.
- Store in spray bottle and use as regular hair spray.
Not a hairspray user? Here are some other natural beauty recipes that work well and save money:
How to Make Natural Shampoo [Easy way]
Make Your Own Natural Deodorant With This Simple Recipe
Homemade Shaving Soap Recipes
Luxurious Sugar Scrub Recipe
Homemade Lotion Bars
DIY Sunscreen Bars
Bug-Off Lotion Bars
Herbal Hair Color Recipes
Seven Natural Baby Care Recipes
DIY Beach Waves Hair Texture Spray
DIY Dry Shampoo for Dark or Light Hair
Natural Skin Care Recipes
Homemade Make-up Recipes
Feminine Hygiene Solutions
Have you ever made your own hair spray? Share below!