My guest today is Emily Fletcher, founder of Ziva Meditation and author of the best-selling book Stress Less. Emily really caught my attention when we were chatting at an event about meditation. Meditating has never been the easiest thing for me, but something she said that day stuck with me.
She said we meditate not to get good at meditation, but to get good at life. And that’s when I started actually wanting to learn to clear my mind and sit and do “nothing” for a while!
Emily teaches leaders at Apple, Google, and Harvard Business School how to meditate… the question is, can she teach this Type-A mom?
Episode Highlights on Ziva Meditation
- How a certain meditation technique can be 5x as restful as sleep for the brain
- Why one of the top doctors in the US says 15 minutes of meditation gives him an extra three hours of productivity a day
- The difference between meditation and mindfulness
- Why clearing the mind isn’t the point (oops!)
- How meditation can improve sleep, sex, and immune function
- Ways to incorporate meditation with kids for better sleep and calmer interactions
- The way terrible questions lead to terrible answers… and the ones to stop asking yourself internally
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Ziva Meditation
- Stress Less, Accomplish More: The 15-Minute Meditation Programme for Extraordinary Performance by Emily Fletcher
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
More From Wellness Mama
- 162: Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics & How to Be 10% Happier
- 141: How to Accept Yourself, Foster Community, & Be Unlimited with Dr. Mark Atkinson
- 313: The Tapping Solution to Reduce Anxiety, Stress, and Pain With Nick Ortner
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Beekeepers Naturals – superfood products from the hive that help support your family’s health. Right now, Propolis has been a lifesaver with all of the sniffles and coughs going around where we live. Propolis is a resinous mixture that bees make in the hive and contains over 300 compounds including polyphenols and compounds that are antibacterial and a compound called pinocembrin that acts as an antifungal. Some studies have shown that propolis can speed wound healing. It’s natural antibacterial and antifungal properties also make it great for fighting the sniffles. At first sign of any sniffles, sore throat or coughing, I spray propolis in the throat and it almost always helps us bounce back quickly. I also use propolis before flying to avoid picking up anything on the plane. You can save 15% on propolis and all beekeepers naturals products at beekeepersnaturals.com/wellnessmama with the code wellnessmama
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, a new company I co-founded to tackle the toughest personal care products and create natural and safe products that work as well as conventional alternatives. I realized that even the most natural of my friends still used conventional toothpaste and shampoo because they weren’t willing to sacrifice quality. There are natural options and ones that work,but find products that do both was almost impossible. We tackled the toughest first, creating the first and only natural toothpaste that is fluoride and glycerin free, and that has calcium and hydroxyapatite to uniquely support the mineral balance in the mouth. It also contains neem oil and green tea to support a healthy bacterial balance in the mouth and fight bad breath. Be the first to try it and our innovative natural hair care at wellnesse.com