Can you say you are blessed with stress? No? I’m not sure I could either, but my guest today makes it her motto! Tildet Varon is a talented speaker and inner mastery specialist. She teaches individuals and companies all over the world to achieve success and maximize their potential.
Today, Tildet shares her personal story and the techniques she learned along the way to master stress from the inside out. We also touch on effective communication within families and proactive ways to resolve conflict in our households. She’s been through the teenage years with her kids, so I’ll be sure to ask her all my burning questions!
Episode Highlights With Tildet Varon
- What made Tildet realize once and for all she had to find a way to thrive under stress
- Why the experience of stress is so individual and how we all develop different thresholds
- Reasons our culture is in the midst of a stress epidemic
- Simple everyday practices to increase our capacity to handle stress
- Practical strategies for effective communication with our kids
- Effective ways to facilitate a strong family culture
- How to listen with CARE
- Why words are only 7% of communication and what the other 93% is
- Why the opposite of addiction is connection
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Hear and Be Heard! Self-Study GrowthCourse
- Hear and Be Heard! Self-Study GrowthCourse with a half-hour coaching session
- Words Can Change Your Brain by Mark Waldman
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Lost Connections: Why You’re Depressed and How to Find Hope by Johann Hari
More From Wellness Mama
- 263: The Beautiful No & Other Life Lessons With Sheri Salata
- 162: Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics & How to Be 10% Happier
- 223: Mindset for Moms & Tips to Get More Done & Stress Less This Year
- 197: The Opposite of Being Spoiled: Raising Financially Responsible Kids With Ron Lieber
- 46 Ways to Give Experiences Instead of Stuff This Year (Even Last Minute)
- Why I Started a Weekly Digital Day Off
- Bring Back Date Night: Fun & Unusual Date Night Ideas on a Budget
- 6 Ways Camping Improves Health & Circadian Rhythm
- Lessons Learned From Our Massive Travel Failure
- Tips to Naturally Reduce Stress… Starting Now!
Do you feel stressed on a daily basis? What have you found that helps? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
A Big Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Genexa, a line of organic and non-GMO products I always keep in my house. Their patented formulas are free of dyes, common allergens, and harmful preservatives. One favorite I suggest you try is Calm Keeper for kids. A homeopathic formula that helps with symptoms associated with stress, including irritability, restlessness, sleeplessness, oversensitivity and nervousness. In our house it is the go-to for the pain associated with minor boo-boos that don’t need medical attention and it helps calm them down so they can recover. To shop their full line of organic and non-GMO medicines, go to Genexa.com/WellnessMama and use code WELLNESS for 20% off your order.
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic, a Finnish company bringing the everyday magic of mushrooms to our daily lives. If you visited my home, you’d notice my homemade coffee/tea bar in my kitchen. Above it hangs 8 wooden cups, called kuksas… one for each member of my family. These have become part of our family tradition as we often sip mushroom coffee or superfood elixirs from them at breakfast or after dinner during family time. Wooden cup or not, I highly recommend all of the Four Sigmatic products and you’d also find every single one of them in my kitchen! Here’s how I incorporate them into my day: in the morning I will drink one of their mushroom coffee blends, the matcha, the coffee latte or mushroom mocha with chaga. Throughout the day I sip their chaga, cordyceps or lion’s mane elixirs on their own since these are all caffeine-free but have a host of benefits due including a major boost of antioxidants. Nighttime means their calming turmeric tea or reishi elixir with a splash of macadamia milk. Mom tip: I also always keep their activated charcoal lemonade on hand for the first sign for a stomach bug… my kids love it and charcoal always seems to help. As a listener of this podcast, you can save 15% with the code WELLNESSMAMA at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama