I’m here today with Nick Ortner, the CEO of The Tapping Solution, a company with a mission to bring tapping to the mainstream.
What is tapping, you ask? Think of it as modern psychology meets ancient Chinese acupressure, but self-administered in the comfort of your home. I use it during times of stress or when I’m trying to derail a negative habit. It’s calming and has scientifically proven benefits.
In this episode, Nick and I walk you through the science of tapping and how to try it for yourself. Also check out Nick’s app (linked in the resources), which I have on my phone. It has very simple tapping exercises that you can use for everything from stress to sleep, to pain, to emotional eating, to learning, to exercise, to fear of flying — literally everything!
Episode Highlights: The Tapping Solution
- How pressure on certain parts of the body calms fight or flight response
- Why tapping is also called Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- The incredible (science-backed) connection between mind and body
- How to recognize patterns of overwhelm that point to the places we are “stuck” in our heads and in our lives
- Why what you say to yourself is as important as tapping
- The mental and emotional component of chronic pain
- Guidance for using HRV as a measure for health
- How tapping works for anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, and more
- Connecting tapping with breathing for relaxation
- Specific techniques for tapping (even ones you can do in public)
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- The Tapping Solution documentary
- Tapping App
- Book: The Tapping Solution for Manifesting Your Greatest Self: 21 Days to Releasing Self-Doubt, Cultivating Inner Peace, and Creating a Life You Love
- ACE (Adverse Childhood Experiences) study
- The Tapping Solution YouTube channel
- Tapping Summit
More From Wellness Mama
- 311: Getting Unstuck From Self-Sabotage With Erin Pheil of MindFix
- 309: How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
- 298: Getting Back to Happy With Marc and Angel Chernoff
- 212: How to Release Cravings and Emotional Eating With EFT
- Tips to Naturally Reduce Stress… Starting Now!
- EFT: How Tapping & Emotional Freedom Technique Work
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Gaia Herbs and their black elderberry syrup! I’ve been a big fan of elderberry syrup for years and theirs is the best pre-made one I’ve found. It is also the #1 best-selling organic black elderberry syrup in the U.S. This time of year, it is a medicine cabinet staple and immune season essential. Elderberry will help your family stay feeling well with the delicious immune elixir loved by adults and children alike. It is certified organic and concentrates the juice from 14.5 grams of elderberries in a single teaspoon, so it’s highly potent. It is made with just four clean whole-food ingredients and is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and soy-free, making it safe for most people. Black elderberry syrup is safe for the whole family and is formulated for adults and children age 1 and older. You can save on Gaia Herbs as a listener of this podcast by going to gaiaherbs.com/wellnessmama and use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout for 20% off your first purchase.
This episode is sponsored by Wellnesse, a new company I co-founded to create safe, natural and obsessively tested products for families. You’ve heard that much of what you put on your body gets absorbed and goes into your body. We turned this idea on its head, creating products that aren’t just safe to put on your hair, skin and in your mouth, but that are beneficial because they contain things that your body needs. We started with the toughest first, creating the first of its kind natural toothpaste that is free of fluoride and glycerin and that contains ingredients like green tea, neem and hydroxyapatite to support the mouth. Our haircare is free of harmful ingredients and contains ingredients like lavender and nettle to support healthy hair! Be the first to try it at Wellnesse.com