Sandra Halling is a business strategist who knows how to get the best out of technology. She’s been working on optimizing and organizing systems for just about everything for the last 20 years. Now she brings her corporate experience and strategic thinking to help small businesses and individuals implement Notion, an app I’ve been using and loving lately. If you haven’t heard of it yet, definitely check it out.
Many experts say Notion is a total game changer for how we organize and use information. I’m still learning Notion but I love the clean, visual layout and endless flexibility. I’ll definitely be taking notes on everything Sandra has to say!
Episode Highlights With Sandra Halling
- What Notion is and how to use it for organization and productivity
- How to create a daily journal in Notion
- What a daily homepage looks like
- The difference between tables and pages and how to use them
- What OKR is and how you can use it to reach goals
- How I (Katie) use Notion to keep track of summaries using the Feynman Technique
- What the momentum method is in Notion and how to use it
- Using templates for maximum productivity
- Ideas for using Notion to organize the home, family, and meal planning
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Sandra Halling Website | Twitter
- Otter app
- Start Finishing: How to Go From Idea to Done by Charles Gilkey
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
- Paths to God by Ram Dass
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
More From Wellness Mama
- 403: Whew! 2020 in Review + Experiments, Highlights, and Systems for 2021
- 407: Working Toward Financial Independence and Time Freedom With Joe DiSanto
- 285: How to Have a Miracle Morning and Organize Your Day With Hal Elrod
- 316: 17 Practical Time-Saving Systems for Parents (& How I “Get It All Done”)
- My Favorite Health Apps for Mind, Body, and Hormones
- My Home Organization System – How I “Get It All Done”
- My Take on New Year’s Resolutions (+ The Best of 2020)
Do you use Notion? How do you like it? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by BLUblox glasses. Did you know that Blue light damages our eyes and leads to digital eye strain when it comes from artificial sources? Symptoms of digital eye strain are blurred vision, headaches and dry watery eyes. For some this could even cause heightened anxiety, depression, and low energy. I personally noticed that when I was exposed to blue light after dark, I didn’t sleep as well and felt more fatigued the next day. BLUblox are the evidenced backed solution to this problem and made under optics laboratory conditions in Australia. They have over 40 styles and come in prescription and non-prescription so there is a pair for everyone. I also love that BLUblox is also giving back by working in partnership with Restoring Vision in their buy one gift one campaign. For each pair of BLUblox glasses purchased they donate a pair of reading glasses to someone in need. Really awesome company and really awesome mission. Get free shipping worldwide and 20% off by going to blublox.com/wellnessmama or enter code wellnessmama at check out.
This episode is sponsored by Four Sigmatic, the superfood mushroom company! I love all of their products, especially their coffee infused with brain-boosting lion’s mane and their reishi elixir at night for awesome sleep. I’ve also recently been trying their protein powder and really love their peanut butter flavor. Peanut Butter is one of my weaknesses, and I love that I get all the flavor of it in this protein packed format. Go to foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and code wellnessmama gives 10% off.