Today we’re talking about an often overlooked aspect of health, which is financial health. Statistically, financial woes are one of the top five stressors for many Americans. And we know stress can have a big impact on our sleep, our immune system, and of course our happiness.
Enter Joe DiSanto, creator of the blog “Play Louder” which inspires people all across the globe to reach financial independence and time freedom. Joe teaches others how to run their individual financial lives like a business — navigating budgeting, taxes, career, retirement, and even side hustles in a smarter, more effective way.
I think you’ll get a lot out of this one, so let’s jump in!
Episode Highlights With Joe DiSanto
- Why tracking personal finances is as important as tracking business finances
- Financial independence vs. retirement
- How to figure out how much you really need for financial freedom (it might be less than you think!)
- Our real most valuable resource (time) and how to preserve it
- A fascinating way to think in terms of time cost vs. money cost
- Ways to teach kids entrepreneurship and financial responsibility
- A good first financial training ground for kids
- Books to read to elevate your business and financial planning
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Play Louder
- Course: The Financial Independence Roadmap (Sign up here for 50% off for Wellness Mama listeners) and use code WELLNESS for an extra $20 off this month!
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Your Money or Your Life
- The New Earth
- The Power of Now
More From Wellness Mama
- 428: Designing Long-Term Financial Wellness for Your Family With Michael Stevens
- 215: Breaking Financial Stress to Create Wealth and Wellth for Life With Krisstina Wise
- Why We Are Creating a Business Incubator for Our Kids (And How)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Olipop, a delicious soda that is actually good for you. Did you know that most Americans consume more than the recommended daily intake of sugar, by a lot? And sweetened drinks like soda are the leading source of extra sugar? And most of us also don’t get enough fiber! I’ve found a delicious answer to both of these problems and it’s called Olipop. I was so excited to find a truly healthy soda alternative. Olipop uses functional ingredients that combine the benefits of prebiotics, plant fiber and botanicals to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health, and they taste just like soda without the junk. Olipop is much, much lower in sugar than conventional sodas. Their Vintage Cola has just two grams of sugar as compared to a regular cola which has 39g of sugar. We’ve worked out an exclusive deal for the Wellness Mama podcast listeners. Receive 20% off PLUS Free Shipping on their best selling variety pack. This is a great way to try all of their delicious flavors and find your favorite. Go to drinkolipop.com/wellnessmama or use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout to claim this deal. This discount is only valid for their variety pack. Olipop can also be found in over 3,000 stores across the country, including Whole Foods, Sprouts, Kroger, Wegman’s and Erewhon.
This podcast is sponsored by Wellnesse, the personal care company I founded to take on some of the worst offenders in the personal care world! Did you know that many haircare products contain harsh detergents? But your hair isn’t dirty laundry and doesn’t need to be treated like it is! Instead, we created nourishing and natural “hair food” products that support hair’s natural balance and strength over time to leave it stronger and healthier and still just as shiny and clean as any other shampoo! To help you see and feel the difference, we’re hosting a hair detox challenge! Try it for 30 days and show us the difference in your hair! Just snap a picture and tag us on any social media. To make it even easier, you can save 15% on all of our haircare products this month with the code hairdetox15 at wellnesse.com