Wow… what a crazy 525,600 minutes this year has been! For many of us, the intense challenges of 2020 have been a rollercoaster, a teacher, a frustration, and a very very long 12 months. I know my year didn’t match the plans I made, and maybe some of you are feeling the same way.
Instead of interviewing a guest, this episode is all about the highs and lows of 2020, what we can learn from them, and how to prepare for all that’s ahead in 2021!
Episode Highlights: My 2020 Review & 2021 Goals
- What I do the first week of every new year
- Changes we made around the house to have more opportunities for movement and play
- My trick for getting the kids (and me!) to be more creative
- Books we’re reading to stay motivated and keep learning
- The homeschooling un-curriculum I’m working on
- What’s made the biggest difference in my personal fitness
- The most extreme thing I tried in the name of health this year
- My favorite health products of 2020
- Our family goals, experiments, and challenges for 2021
- A big insecurity I’ll be tackling this year
- What I’ve learned in 2020 about cultivating happiness
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Levels Glucose Monitor
- What I Learned From Wearing a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) for a Month
- Guide to Healthy Protein Sources
- Water Fasting Benefits, Dangers & My Personal Experience
- Setting a LEGO® Walking World Record with a Relay Team of Moms
- Just Thrive Probiotics and K2-7 (Use code WELLNESSMAMA15 for 15% off)
- Paleovalley (Use code WELLNESSMAMA10 for 10% off)
- Olive Oil
- Nutrition Genome
- Creatix Sauna (see this post for all of my sauna recommendations)
- LMNT Electrolytes
- Notion app
Favorite Books of 2020
- The Holographic Universe
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future
- Poor Charlie’s Almanack
- Surely You’re Joking Mr. Feyman!
- Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life
- The Rational Optimist
- I’ll add these soon to my ever-growing list of favorite books!
More From Wellness Mama
- 309: How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
- 387: Ask Katie Anything: Protein, Supplements, Sleep, Parenting, and Shoes
- 341: Q&A With Katie: Motivation, Magnesium, Homeschooling & Parenting Teens
- My Home Organization System & How I “Get It All Done”
- 6 Favorite Practical Homeschool Resources (My Kids Love)
What are your goals this year? Do you want to try any of the challenges I mentioned? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Alitura. You’ve probably heard me talk about that. This is a skincare company I love, and it’s founded by a dear friend of mine, Andy, who created these incredible products when he was in a horrible accident that left him with scars on his face. And this sent him into an incredible research phase to figure out ways that he could hopefully heal those scars and not have them with him for life. And he’s developed some incredible products that have allowed him to do just that. One of my favorites is their face mask. And if you’ve seen me on Instagram with clay all over my face and hair, this is likely the one that I’m using. It’s a simple mask that does incredible things for the skin and contains dozens of really, really beneficial ingredients. I notice a big difference in my skin tone when I use it regularly. They also have something called the Gold Serum, which I find especially nourishing for my skin without being too oily. And I love to use that, especially before we go outside or if I’m gonna be in front of the red light. I just find it’s really, really beneficial for my skin. I love all of their products because they use completely natural ingredients, and not just natural but incredibly beneficial ingredients. Andy goes above and beyond to make sure that everything that is contained in these formulas are so beneficial for the skin. And his skin is certainly a testament to how well they work. And I’ve gotten incredible feedback from many of you who have tried these products and loved them as well. They’re much less expensive than spa variations of skincare products and I found that the quality is so, so much better. And I don’t worry at all because I know they’re so natural. I would love for you to check out their products and find out all about the different formulas they have by going to alituranaturals.com/wellnessmama. And they’ve generously offered a discount of 20% with the code WELLNESSMAMA, all capital, all one word.
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, my new personal care company that is based on the recipes I’ve been making at home in my kitchen for decades. Many “clean” products simply don’t work and this is why I have spent the last decade researching and perfecting recipes for products that not only eliminate toxic chemicals but contain ingredients that work better than their conventional alternatives and that nourish your body from the outside in. I’m so excited to finally share these products with you and wanted to tell you about our brand new dry shampoo! It can be used various ways. You can sprinkle it in clean hair to add volume and to extend time between washes, sprinkle it in hair that has not been washed in a day or two to absorb oil or sweat and you can work in to color treated hair to maintain color-treated hair by not having to wash as often. It contains oil-absorbing kaolin clay and volume-boosting tapioca which work together to refresh hair at the roots. Lavender oil and cactus flower help to balance scalp and strands’ natural pH. We even added hibiscus for healthy hair growth. You can check it out and try it at wellnesse.com and my tip is to grab a bundle to save or subscribe and save as well!