So many moms today have questions about hormone balance, thyroid, fatigue, depression, and more, so I’m really glad to have an expert on these topics on the show today. Certified nutrition coach Magdalena Wszelaki is the founder of Hormones Balance, a nutrition coaching practice that shows women how to rebalance their hormones naturally by getting down to the root causes.
So many moms need this information … I can’t wait to dive in!
Magdalena Wszelaki on Fixing Hormones Naturally
Magdalena knows what it’s like to struggle with out-of-whack hormones and how it can turn health upside down. She’s faced a host of health challenges including Grave’s, Hashimoto’s, adrenal fatigue, and estrogen dominance. Like a lot of us, she had to learn the hard way to change her diet and simplify her life to reduce stress. Now that she’s in full remission and lives symptom-free, Magdalena shows women how to feel better and control their symptoms just by eating a few targeted power foods at the right times in their cycles.
In addition to her tips in this podcast, be sure to check out Magdalena’s awesome book Cooking for Hormone Balance which shows how to balance hormones step by step with easy and delicious recipes.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Magdalena’s own struggle with hormone imbalance and how she finally found answers
- what weight gain, depression, hair loss, water retention, breast cancer, thyroid problems, and endometriosis have in common
- the 3 fundamental pillars of hormone balance
- super foods and herbs, seeds, and spices that can help rebalance hormones quickly
- how consuming certain seeds can help balance estrogen and progesterone levels in women
- what causes estrogen dominance in the first place
- natural alternatives to hormone-blocking pharmaceuticals
- a radical twist on a healthy breakfast that can transform hormone health
- the connection between hormones and the gut microbiome (yep, there it is again!)
- best supplements and herbs for a thyroid condition
- the role of progesterone in postpartum depression (and ways to fix it)
- and more!
Resources We Mention:
Learn more about Magdalena Wszelaki at HormonesBalance.com
- Book: Cooking for Hormone Balance
- Free resource: Guide to Seed Rotation for Hormone Balance
- Cilantro Pesto Recipe (Dairy-Free)
- How to Grow Broccoli Sprouts (& Why We All Should)
- Golden Flax Seed
- Broccoli Seeds: 1 pound, 2 pounds, or 5 pounds (best value)
- 118: An At-Home Approach to Balancing Thyroid Hormones with McCall McPherson
- 97: OB & Midwife Aviva Romm on PPD, Thyroid Problems, & MTHFR
- 45: How to Lose Weight with Thyroid Problems
- 43: How to Get a Correct Thyroid Diagnosis
- 42: Thyroid Disease and Pregnancy
- 18: Thyroid Health & Autoimmune Disease
- 108: Why the Birth Control Pill Screws Up Hormones & What to Use Instead
- 90: A Mind Of Your Own: Tackling Mental Illness and Fixing Hormones with Dr. Kelly Brogan
- 80: What Your Monthly Cycle Reveals About Your Hormones With Alisa Vitti
From Around the Blog:
- 9 Tips to Help Balance Hormones Naturally
- The Problem With Pads and Tampons
- Thyroid Health 101
- When Iodine Might Be Bad For Your Thyroid
- How to Boost Thyroid Function Naturally
- How Thyroid Disease Affects Pregnancy and Fertility
- Thyroid Problems & Cruciferous Vegetables
- Remarkable Benefits of Cinnamon (& 12 Ways to Use It More)
Many Thanks to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Air Doctor. Did you know that the air inside our homes can be up to 500 times as dirty as the air outside? It can be filled with harmful VOC’s, allergens, bacteria and more. I’ve been looking for an air filter that filters out all of these substances and is quiet and that doesn’t break the bank, for a long time. And the Air Doctor filter meets all my criteria. It removes almost 100% of particles from the air, including VOCs, those are things released from candles, paint, building materials, carpeting, cleaning products, hairspray, air fresheners are more. Filters out pollen and other allergens, pet dander and animal hair, mold spores and dust mites, cigarette and cigar smoke, and viruses, germs and bacteria. One of my favorite things about it is what they call auto mode where the fan speed basically adjusts to the appropriate level based on the current air condition in the home. It’s been really fascinating to see in our house, for instance, the filters speed up when we’ve cooked food at high heat, or used cleaners that someone gave us that we thought were natural but they made the filters speed up. I know air filters can be pricey which is why I’ve teamed up with Air Doctor to get a massive discount for listeners. You can get 50% off right now by going to wellnessmama.com/go/air-doctor to get the discount. You can also find the link in the show notes at wellnessmama.fm
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. My kitchen is always stocked with their coffee mushroom blends, their Matcha mix, and their straight mushroom drinks. Four Sigmatic has figured out how to get the benefits of mushrooms like chaga, lions mane, cordyceps and reishi into delicious instant drinks. My current favorite is their adaptogen coffee blend that has tolsi and astragalus. But I love all of their products. They have options with or without caffeine so if you’re not a caffeine person you can find products that you will love. And I find that even their coffee blends that do contain caffeine have less than a normal cup of coffee. But don’t let this fool you. I have found that I get so much more focus and mental clarity from these mushroom blends than I do from regular coffee, and without the jitters. The addition of the mushrooms, which are considered nootropics, meaning that they are good for the brain makes these super food blends more effective and much healthier than just regular old coffee. I love them with a dash of macadamia milk personally. I also love that many of their drink mixes are instant and packaged into individual servings so they are perfect for travel or on the go. If you’re listening to this, then you can get a special offer just for listeners of this podcast by going to wellnessmama.com/go/four-sigmatic.