In this episode, I am joined by Luke Storey who is a former celebrity fashion stylist turned public speaker, lifestyle design coach, thought leader, and entrepreneur. Luke has spent the past 21 years relentlessly searching the world to design his ultimate lifestyle through his extensive and sometimes even dangerous personal research and development. We’re definitely going to touch on a couple of those things today.
Using “The Life Stylist Podcast” as his platform, Luke continues to share his strategies for healing, happiness, and high performance living each week and covers topics including sex and relationships, yoga, meditation, smart drugs, health myths and medical conspiracies, spirituality, mindfulness, health food, supplementation, alternative medicine, and he digs deep into biohacking technologies and tactics.
Buckle your seatbelts… here we go!
Episode Highlights With Luke Storey
- Luke’s tumultuous childhood, and how he overcame drug addiction to become a successful fashion stylist and motivational speaker
- The spiritual awakenings that led him to find meaning in suffering
- How to teach kids to be vulnerable but at the same time have boundaries
- Tips to increase self-awareness and the ability to move forward after trauma
- Luke’s experience with Ayahuasca
- Our thoughts on the practice of circumcision
- Two of the best health biohacks (that are free and available to everyone!)
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- The Life Stylist Podcast
- Rythmia clinic
- Luke’s documentation and experience at Rythmia
- Documentary: American Circumcision
More From Wellness Mama
- 485: Dr. Kanwal Bawa on Overcoming Cancer, Sexual Health and Biohacking
- 470: Amy Emerson of MAPS on the Future of Psychedelic Assisted Therapy & Research
- 253: A (Semi) Serious Ultra-Spiritual Conversation With JP Sears
- 249: How to Harness Energy & Create Success From the Inside Out With Suzy Batiz of Poo~Pourri
- 162: Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics & How to Be 10% Happier
- 232: Lessons Learned From Finland: 8 Things We Can All Learn
- Is Circumcision Just A Medical Procedure?
Did you enjoy hearing Luke’s story? Can you relate? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
A Big Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Joovv. You’ve heard me talk about them before but their red light therapy or photobiomodulation lights are a part of my daily routine. Here’s why: There’s evidence that certain wavelengths of light are beneficial to the body in various ways. On a cellular level, they may help improve mitochondrial function and increase production of ATP, or cellular energy. This can manifest in clearer skin, more energy, quicker recovery and even increased hair growth. I use red light on my thyroid as part of my protocol along with a low inflammation diet and other lifestyle factors and am in complete remission of Hashimotos. Also, since I do spend careful and moderate time in the sun, I use red light to help protect my skin and guard against wrinkles. They now have two new innovations that make it even easier to get red light. The Joovv Go is a small handheld (and much more affordable) device that can be used on face, joints, hair or anywhere you want red light. For a more large scale option, their new modular design lets you order panels and group them together so you could have one unit or up to six all linked. Find out more at Joovv.com/wellnessmama and use the code WELLNESSMAMA to get a special gift with any order.
This podcast is brought to you by Ready, Set, Food!, a new company revolutionizing food allergy prevention in children. We all know that this problem is on the rise, and most of us know someone who has a child with food allergies, or have had this experience ourselves. There are many theories for this and certainly many problems that need to be addressed like gut health and immune support. Ready Set Food is taking the cutting edge research and science and using it in a practical way to help babies and children avoid food allergies in the first place. The most up to date studies are showing that carefully calculated early exposure in the right amounts can stop many cases of food allergies! Ready Set Food makes this easy with a simple system that can be added to breastmilk, formula or baby’s first foods to give incremental and calculated exposure to the top allergens like peanuts, egg, and milk. When used as directed, this can reduce the chance of allergies by up to 80% and it is recommended and overseen by many of the nations top pediatricians. Learn more about this evidence-based approach at readysetfood.com/wellnessmama