I’ve been experimenting with the plant kava for several months now and I wanted someone on the podcast to explain more about its amazing benefits. I’m talking with Cameron George, a researcher, writer, entrepreneur, and founder of TRU KAVA. This company is striving to set the industry standard for quality kava and its safe use within the mass market.
I’ve been using TRU KAVA for a while now and I’m definitely noticing some positive benefits (which I’ll keep you updated on!). What’s great is that they’re very user-friendly and deliver the full therapeutic action of traditional kava. While kava roots have been used for over 3,000 years in the South Pacific Islands (where it grows), it hasn’t been so easy to get quality kava in other parts of the world… until now.
Kava is traditionally prepared as a drink from the roots and has a lot of the same benefits as coffee, CBD, and alcohol, but without harmful side effects. It has positive effects on the brain as a nootropic and helps with anxiety, PTSD, PMS, mood disorders, and so much more.
Cameron is such a wealth of knowledge on all this and he’s worked with both researchers and physicians to help develop multi-therapeutic protocols for anxiety, autoimmune conditions, and more. I’m really excited to have him on today and share his knowledge about the benefits of kava!
Episode Highlights With Cameron
- How he used to own monkeys and piranhas and how this was actually part of his own health journey
- The total health collapse he had that led him into health and wellness and how he discovered Kava
- Desperation and inspiration are the two main pathways to growth
- What Kava is and where it grows natively
- How Kava impacts the body
- The unique effects of Kava and how it can lead to better focus and connection without the downsides of something like alcohol
- Understanding the safety concerns with Kava and why sourcing and form matters
- Breaking down the myths about Kava and liver safety
- Kava is one of the most well studied plant compounds in the world
- The psychological effects of Kava and how to use it for the most benefit
- How Kava naturally elevates dopamine without having to put glucose in or have outside stimulation
- Ways Kava benefits women specifically
- How Kava can support parasympathetic state
- Kava can help regulate hormones for women
Resources We Mention
- TruKava – Use code wellnessmama for a discount
- Article – Is Kava Safe to Consume?
- Weston A. Price books
- 12 Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson