Dr. Joy Martina is my guest today and I credit her as a key part of my own personal growth in the last few years. She is a psychic psychologist with an incredible ability to help people see into themselves and find their own key for transformation. Dr. Joy teaches super practical, easy-to-use ways to turn limiting beliefs around and instead start living the life you were meant to live. We talk today about the power of your own personal intuition and how to start trusting your inner voice as a guide in life.
Joy’s methods may be a little woo, but they are based in tangible science, similar to other mind-body methods like tapping or meditation. I highly recommend her books including her most recent bestseller, How to Use Your Intuition to Change Your Life.
Let’s get into it!
Episode Highlights With Joy Martina
- How to train and strengthen intuition
- A tool called “The Switch” to release anger and pain
- Phrases like “I claim my power back and I give you your power back” and “The past stays in the past and I forgive you for the pain you’ve caused me”
- Tools like tapping for emotional release and balance
- How to love and accept yourself even when you don’t feel like it
- The powerful way we can influence the brain to support intuition
- Physical tools that let us access the unconscious mind
- Why owning responsibility holds the key to healing
- Ways to nurture these skills and build a strong foundation in your children from a young age
- Her 80/20 methods that give maximum results in just a few decisions a day
- Ways to start the day for emotional calm
Resources We Mention
- Joy Martina
- How to Use Your Intuition to Change Your Life by Dr. Joy Martina
- Joyful Kids
- Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
More From Wellness Mama
- 309: How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
- 313: The Tapping Solution to Reduce Anxiety, Stress, and Pain With Nick Ortner
- 360: Four Questions to Change Your Life & Doing The Work With Byron Katie
- 349: How to Be Your Best in High Stress Situations With Former Army Ranger and CIA Agent Jeff Banman
- 298: Getting Back to Happy With Marc and Angel Chernoff
- EFT: How Tapping & Emotional Freedom Technique Work
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Cacao Bliss, a delicious superfood drink created by previous podcast guest, Danette May. Many of us like chocolate, and certainly nothing feels better than being able to enjoy rich creamy chocolate and knowing that you’re doing something good for your body. But that isn’t the case with every type of chocolate. When it’s sourced well, chocolate and especially cacao can have many health benefits. It’s a great source of magnesium, can be very anti-inflammatory and even help balance hormones. In fact, some experts speculate that this is why we crave chocolate at certain times of the month. Cacao Bliss is one of the best sources of this that I have found. They start with 100% organic cacao beans that are naturally dried in the sun, maintaining their miraculous health benefits. And then they blend this with turmeric, MCT oil, coconut, sea salt, cinnamon, and black pepper. So not only does it taste delicious, but it makes you feel incredible as well. The result is this truly decadent healthy, but guilt-free chocolate that helps with cravings, it can be great for weight loss, for boosting energy, reducing inflammation, all in one simple drink that has become a relatively regular part of my life. And for those who are wondering, it is paleo, gluten-free, keto, vegan and vegetarian safe. They have been making this for eight years. I’m a big fan. And as a listener of this podcast, you get an automatic 15% discount by going to earthechofoods.com/wellnessmama and you will have an automatic 15% discount. It’s automatically applied.
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, my new personal care company that is based on the recipes I’ve been making at home in my kitchen for decades. Many “clean” products simply don’t work and this is why I have spent the last decade researching and perfecting recipes for products that not only eliminate toxic chemicals but contain ingredients that work better than their conventional alternatives and that nourish your body from the outside in. I’m so excited to finally share these products with you and wanted to tell you about our brand new dry shampoo! It can be used various ways. You can sprinkle it in clean hair to add volume and to extend time between washes, sprinkle it in hair that has not been washed in a day or two to absorb oil or sweat and you can work in to color treated hair to maintain color-treated hair by not having to wash as often. It contains oil-absorbing kaolin clay and volume-boosting tapioca which work together to refresh hair at the roots. Lavender oil and cactus flower help to balance scalp and strands’ natural pH. We even added hibiscus for healthy hair growth. You can check it out and try it at wellnesse.com and my tip is to grab a bundle to save or subscribe and save as well!