Today’s episode is going to be really helpful especially for any moms who have children struggling with a variety of chronic health problems. Dr. Jaban Moore is a national board-certified chiropractic physician and an acupuncturist as well. He practices functional medicine looking specifically for the root causes of illness and treating them through natural protocols.
Dr. Jaban knows better than anyone that reversing chronic disease takes time, persistence, and a lot of detective work. He uses a wide range of tools to find out what’s really contributing to chronic health conditions and healing the cause, not just the symptoms.
Dr. Jaban Moore on Chronic Disease, Leaky Gut, Thyroid Issues, and More
Problems like Lyme disease and chronic infections are on the rise and can be tough to beat. It’s important to look at health issues from every angle and get to the root causes. Dr. Jaban’s postdoctoral training includes true cellular healing, chiropractic plus kinesiology, applied kinesiology, clinical kinesiology, acupuncture, bioresonance therapy, Sacro Occipital Technique, nutrition rehabilitation, functional medicine, blood laboratory analysis, and live cell microscopy. And if that’s not enough, he also trained with several Lyme-specific and parasitology experts.
I have a feeling I could talk to Dr. Jaban all day!
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- common reasons why low-level chronic disease is on the rise
- root causes of food allergies in children
- how toxins in our everyday environments undermine our health
- the difference between functional medicine and conventional approaches
- the connection between parasites and food allergies
- why Lyme tends to run in families
- live cell microscopy: how a visual analysis of your blood can reveal leaky gut, Lyme disease, candida, and more
- is fasting for everyone? (and how to do it right)
- how to be your own health advocate
- and more!
Resources We Mention
- Dr. Jaban Moore
- Facebook group: True Healing Strategies
- Book: Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms When My Lab Tests Are Normal? by Dr. Datis Kharrazian
- Dr. Alan Christianson
- Apex Energetics Repairvite
- True Cellular Detox
- EWG Report, Pollution in Minority Newborns
- 102: How to Stay Safe During Tick Season & Avoid Chronic Lyme Disease with Dr. Jay Davidson
- 134: Five Benefits of Fasting, Autophagy, Diet Variation & Cellular Healing with Dr. Daniel Pompa
- 43: How to Get a Correct Thyroid Diagnosis
- 118: An At-Home Approach to Balancing Thyroid Hormones with McCall McPherson
- 155: Thriving With Food Allergies or Intolerance and Crushing Life With the Paleo Chef
- How to Prevent Tick Bites (+ Safe Tick Removal)
- Can Your Food Affect Mental Health?
- Intermittent Fasting: Can Skipping Meals Make You Healthier?
- How to Do a Ketogenic Diet (& Is It Safe for Women?)
Have you ever tried any of these therapies? What would you ask Dr. Jaban? And please, take two minutes to leave a review on iTunes. I value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
A Big Thank You to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Dry Farm Wines. If you follow me on Instagram you probably already know how much I love these wines. But after a recent trip to Europe, I am even more convinced that these are the only wines I will drink anymore. Here is the deal. Many conventional wines have added dyes, sugars, commercial yeast, fish bladders and some other unsavory ingredients. But even organic wines can have high amounts of sugar, in fact more than soda, they can have commercial yeast that are not gut friendly, or really high amounts of alcohol. I recently visited small family vineyards in Italy, and I got to see firsthand what makes a wine truly natural, and it goes so far beyond organic or biodynamic. In fact, these farmers would have been offended if you had called their wines just organic. These wines have to be made with native, natural yeast so they are actually a great source of living beneficial bacteria. The vineyards cannot be irrigated, thus the name Dry Farm, so the alcohol and sugar content are low and Dry Farm Wines lab test every batch of wine for different factors including alcohol at 12.5% or less, low to no sugar so they are all keto-friendly, only naturally occurring sulfites at low levels and so much more. So what does that mean? For me, it means that, while wines used to gives me a headache, I can drink these wines and feel amazing the next day. If you want to try them and I know that you’ll love them as much as I do, you can get an extra bottle of wine for just a penny with any order at dryfarmwines.com/wellnessmama.
This podcast is brought to you by kidslovetoswim.com. I recently found this and absolutely adore this course, and I had to share it with you. We all know how important water safety is and how kids can drown in just minutes or seconds in a small amount of water, and especially if they don’t know how to swim. In fact, the inability to swim is one of the biggest factors linked to drowning. This is such an important issue, it’s a bigger risk for kids to drown in water than playing alone outside or walking to school by themselves. In fact, two children die every single day from accidental drowning, it’s a horrible and big important issue. And for this reason, swimming is so much more than just a sport, it’s a vital life skill that all of us need. But, I get it, it can be super intimidating and scary for kids. You already teach your kids their ABC’s and how to ride a bike and what foods help their body grow, and now you can teach them to swim safely at home with this online course. You get the skills of a certified water safety instructor and lifeguard and parent. And he teaches you in just five simple steps and in only 14 days how to take your kids to swimming proficiency in a fun engaging way that will increase their water ability drastically, and also their bond with you. Go to kidslovetoswim.com to find out how.