I really enjoyed this podcast episode because I got to chat with one of my dear friends, Hannah Crum. Even though I’ve been making Kombucha and Kefir for years, I learned some new tips and tricks for better brewing (and some really cool ideas of ways to use Kombucha!)
Why Homemade Kombucha?
Hannah runs Kombucha Kamp, where she provides information, tutorials and kombucha-brewing equipment. Known as the “Kombucha Mama,” Hannah is largely considered one of the country’s foremost experts in kombucha brewing and fermentation.
If you are already a ‘bucha fan like I am, check out this episode for some new ideas. If you are just starting out with Kombucha, this interview will be a great starting point.
In this Episode, we Talk About
- Why Kombucha is so beneficial
- The difference between it and Kefir or Kvass
- How to brew it
- The difference between batch brewing and continous brewing
- The benefits of homemade kombucha vs. purchasing store bough
- If you really have to use black tea and white sugar
- If Kombucha is safe during pregnancy or not (the answer may surprise you)
- If there is a concern about the fluoride content in Kombucha
- Is it safe to drink or does it harm your enamel
- Unusual uses for Kombucha
- Hannah’s best tips for getting started brewing
Resources We Mention
- Kombucha Kamp (great place to buy SCOBYs and brewing supplies and a great blog)
- Tutorial: How to Brew Homemade Kombucha
- Tutorial: Continous Brew Homemade Kombucha
- Tutorial: How to Brew Water Kefir
- Tutorial: Homemade Kombucha Chia Energy Drink
- Hannah’s Guest Posts: Coconut Milk Kefir and Coconut Water Kefir
- KombuchaKamp.com Educational Series on Kombucha
- KombuchaKamp Hair Tonic recipe
Are you a ‘bucha drinker? What is your favorite flavor?
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for joining me this week. Please leave any comments or feedback in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this interview, please share with family and friends via email or using the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest rating and review of the podcast on iTunes. Rankings and reviews really matter in the rankings of my podcast and I greatly appreciate every review and read each one.
Thanks to Vital Proteins for sponsoring this episode of the Wellness Mama podcast. I use gelatin and collagen powder daily in cooking, baking, smoothies, hot drinks and as a supplement. Collagen helps reduce wrinkles and improve skin health, so this may be the reason that I often hear “You look too young to have five kids!” If you’ve never tried gelatin or collagen, I definitely recommend checking our Vital Proteins! Use the code VPWM10 to get a 10% discount off your order!