The last two years have been a journey for me as I worked through a past trauma to get to a new point of inner healing. The result? I feel happier in my skin and even enjoyed a dramatic 80-pound weight loss as everything else came into balance.
One of the heroes I looked up to during this process was Gabrielle Bernstein, who is my guest today. She has an incredible story of fighting her way back from a traumatic experience. Now she’s known as a “shame-shifter” who helps people all over the globe.
Gabrielle wrote the #1 New York Times best-selling author of book The Universe Has Your Back and six additional bestsellers, including Super Attractor. She also co-hosted the Guinness World Record’s largest guided meditation with Deepak Chopra and was chosen by The Oprah Winfrey Network to be part of the “Super Soul 100,” a trailblazing group whose life’s work is to elevate the world.
Episode Highlights With Gabrielle Bernstein
- The story of how Gabrielle faced a life-or-death decision at the age of 25… and how she chose life
- The protective mechanisms that help us “hide”
- Why Gabby calls her postpartum depression a blessing in disguise
- How to discover the habits that undermine your success and root them out for good
- Why addiction often has its roots in trauma
- Why acceptance is sometimes more important than doing everything “right”
- How our belief systems are formed, and ways to reshape based on our authentic selves
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Books by Gabby Bernstein
- Trauma Proofing Your Kids by Peter Levine
- No Drama Discipline by Dan Seigl
More From Wellness Mama
- 483: Mark Wolynn on Why It Didn’t Start With You, Inherited Trauma & How We Heal
- 339: Healing Trauma, Releasing Shame, Finding Joy & Becoming a Super Attractor With Gabrielle Bernstein
- 368: Finding Joy, Developing Intuition & Asking Empowering Questions With Joy Martina
- 311: Getting Unstuck From Self-Sabotage With Erin Pheil of MindFix
- 360: Four Questions to Change Your Life & Doing The Work With Byron Katie
- 411: Breaking the Invisible Corset & Connecting to Your Body With Lauren Geertsen
- 434: Biohacking Joy and Creating Strong Community With Radha Agrawal of Daybreaker
- What Moms Really Need Today (And Every Day)
- Setting a LEGO® Walking World Record with a Relay Team of Moms
- How to Lose Weight: What Worked for Me to Lose 80+ Pounds
Did you enjoy this episode? Could you relate? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Jigsaw Health, my source for magnesium. You probably know, if you’ve read my blog, that magnesium is responsible for over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It impacts blood pressure, metabolism, immune function, and many other aspects of health, including hormones. It’s known as the master mineral and it’s one of the few supplements I take regularly. And I have found a specific way to take it that works best for me in very specific forms because if magnesium is taken in the wrong way it can lead to digestive upset or if it’s taken too quickly it can cause all kinds of problems. So, I take two supplements. One called MagSRT which is a slow release form of the dimagnesium malate. The slow release technology makes it easier on the digestive system. So I don’t get any of the digestive disturbance that comes with some forms of magnesium. I take this form in the morning and at lunch. So, two capsules with breakfast, two capsules with lunch. And at night, I take a different product MagSoothe, which is magnesium glycinate which is magnesium bound with the amino acid glycine to help sleep. And in combination, I noticed the biggest effect from those two particular products. You can check them both out and save by going to jigsawhealth.com/wellnessmama. And the code wellness10 will give you $10 off any order.
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, a new company I co-founded to bring the best personal care products from my family to yours. Our whitening toothpaste is based on my DIY formula that I have been making and perfecting for over a decade. Now, after almost 100 rounds of tweaking the formula and thousands of positive reviews, I could not be more proud to share this with your family. Have you ever read a tube of normal toothpaste? I did when my older kids were little, and I found a warning that said, “Warning, keep away from children. Do not swallow. If ingested contact Poison Control or seek medical attention immediately.” That seemed a little extreme for something that I was putting in my mouth and my children’s mouth multiple times a day. And I didn’t want my kids using something that often that I would need to call a poison control center if they accidentally swallowed. I set out to create a truly safe and effective alternative. And the Wellnesse Whitening toothpaste is just that. It’s designed to support the oral microbiome and the natural process of saliva and teeth so that teeth can stay white and strong. This dentist approved formula is safe for the whole family and will leave your teeth shiny and your breath fresh. You can check out our toothpaste and our completely natural hair food hair care products at wellnesse.com. An insider tip, if you grab an essentials bundle or try autoship, you will lock in a discount so that you can try everything at a great price.