The way our skin looks and feels as we age isn’t determined just by genetics, or what cream we use, or how much we stay out of the sun! In many ways it is a reflection of everything we put into our bodies. Today, Dr. Emilia Javorsky returns to the podcast to tell us how to really nurture skin from the inside out by feeding it the right foods and nutrients.
Dr. Emilia is a physician-scientist who specializes in dermatology and skin health. She works in early-stage life sciences ventures and leads an artificial intelligence and medicine initiative with the Future Society. She’s also a TEDx speaker, part of “Forbes” 30 under 30 Class of 2017 in Healthcare, and a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Shaper Community.
It’s incredible to get to ask someone of her credentials all of my skin health questions… if you think of something I missed, let me know in the comments below!
Episode Highlights With Emilia Javorsky
- Does sugar make our skin sag?
- What place natural sugars like fruit have in our diets
- The effect food allergies or intolerances can have on the skin
- Science-backed supplements to help with anti-aging
- Skin symptoms that point to vitamin deficiencies
- The best forms of vitamin C for skin health
- Whether topical products really do what they claim
- Benefits of astaxanthin, collagen, biotin, and vitamin A for skin
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 324: Increasing Immunity Naturally & Skincare From the Inside Out With Four Sigmatic
- 266: Decoding Skin Health, Eczema, Acne, and More With Jennifer Fugo
- 241: Biohacking for Moms, Anti-Aging & Raising Amazing Kids With Ben Greenfield
- 156: Natural Ways to Improve Skin With Andy Hnilo of Alitura Naturals
- Why I Eat My Sunscreen to Protect Skin From the Inside Out
- Benefits of Collagen for Skin and Hair
- Ascorbic Acid: Vitamin C Benefits, Sources & Cautions
- DIY Vitamin C Serum
- Astaxanthin: Why I Take It Daily (Especially In Summer!)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by BLUblox. They create stylish and effective blue light blocking glasses for any time of day. Their BluLite lens is a clear lens designed for people who work under artificial light during the day – this one is designed to target the light that created digital eyestrain, migraines, headaches and more. Their SummerGlo lens steps it up a notch for those who are exposed to intense artificial light all day and who suffer from migraines, anxiety, depression and SAD by blocking the light that contributes to those conditions. For better sleep, their Sleep lens is a complete blue and green light blocking full red lens that is idea for use after dark. And lastly, if you can’t create a perfectly dark sleep environment, their REMedy blackout sleep mask is the next best thing, blocking 100% of light while staying comfortable and easy to sleep in! Code wellnessmama gives 15% off at
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, a new company I co-founded to tackle the toughest personal care products and create natural and safe products that work as well as conventional alternatives. I realized that even the most natural of my friends still used conventional toothpaste and shampoo because they weren’t willing to sacrifice quality. There are natural options and ones that work, but find products that do both was almost impossible. We tackled the toughest first, creating the first and only natural toothpaste that is fluoride and glycerin free, and that has calcium and hydroxyapatite to uniquely support the mineral balance in the mouth. It also contains neem oil and green tea to support a healthy bacterial balance in the mouth and fight bad breath. Be the first to try it and our innovative natural hair care at wellnesse.com