I’ve always said that women, especially moms, have so much power to create exponential change in the world. We’re going to talk through that concept today and get advice on how to channel our efforts in some very practical and also visionary ways. My guest Denise Brosseau created her own business teaching women how to get strategic and scale up in whatever they pursue. She wrote an amazing book called Ready to Be a Thought Leader? and I definitely recommend it for every mom out there.
Often when we hear the word thought leader we think of big-time thought leaders like the Dalai Lama or Gandhi, but I think some of the most powerful thought leadership can happen in our own families and communities! We can create a ripple effect right where we are and change the world.
- What is a thought leader, anyway?
- How to be a convener: bringing people and ideas together
- How to be an amplifier: making sure the right messages get heard
- Ways to change your situation if you don’t like where you are
- Practical ideas for moms of young kids (or older teens!) who feel lonely or disconnected
- How parents can be some of the most effective thought leaders on the planet
- Examples of what thought leaders (moms included!) have been able to achieve
- One key thing the most effective leaders always do
- How to scale up and use our power as moms to affect our neighborhood, state, country, and even the globe
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Book: Ready to Be a Thought Leader? by Denise Brosseau
- Online Course: Becoming a Thought Leader
- Switch: How to Change When Change Is Hard (see book summary and video here)
- TED Talk by Denise Brosseau:
More From Wellness Mama
- 66: Vote with Your Dollars to Make (Real) Change with John Durant
- 78: How Moms Can Affect Actual Change with Big Food and Big Ag with Leah Segedie
- 85: How to Raise an Entrepreneur: Nurturing Risk Takers, Problem Solvers, & Change Makers
- 206: Your Parenting Mojo on Why We Need to Let Our Kids Take More Risks
- 291: How to Create Your Ideal Family, Career, and Life With Kion CEO Angelo Keely
- Why We Are Creating a Business Incubator for Our Kids (And How)
- My Parenting Rule to Foster Independence (& Save My Sanity)
- How to Balance Business and Family Life (& Succeed at Both)
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast episode is brought to you by Beekeeper’s Naturals, a company dedicated to protecting the bees while creating sustainably sourced bee products for our whole families. Without bees, our global food supply would collapse, so protecting the bees protects all of us. As a certified Bcorp, Beekeeper’s Naturals cares deeply about the environment, about the bees, and about their employees, and their customers and consumers, which is us. If you’re new to using bee products, I personally, recommend starting with the propolis spray. And this is a delicious way to support the immune system. And if you aren’t familiar with propolis, it’s really incredible. Propolis is the substance that bees use inside the hive to fight bacteria and any other pathogen or invaders that enter the hive. In fact, even if something as large as, like, a mouse should enter the hive, and the bees can’t get it out, they can encapsulate it in propolis to keep that from infecting the hive and creating all kinds of bacterial problems. Propolis is naturally antibacterial. It has a compound called pinocembrin that works as an antifungal, and it’s also an antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory. I personally spray it in my throat at the first sign of a tickle in my throat, or the sniffles, and I spray it on wounds and burns for faster healing. You can save 15% on propolis and all Beekeeper’s Naturals products as a listener of this podcast. To get the deal, go to beekeepersnaturals.com/wellnessmama, and use the code “wellnessmama” to save 15%.
This episode is brought to you by Wellnesse. That’s Wellnesse with an E on the end, which is my new personal care company that is dedicated to making safe and effective products from my family to your family. We started with toothpaste and hair care because these are the biggest offenders in most bathrooms, and we’re coming after the other personal care products as well. Did you know for instance that most shampoo contains harsh detergents that strip out the natural oils from the hair and leave it harder to manage over time and more dependent on extra products? We took a different approach, creating a nourishing hair food that gives your hair what it actually needs and doesn’t take away from its natural strength and beauty. In fact, it’s specifically designed to support your hair’s natural texture, natural color, and is safe for color-treated hair as well. Our shampoos contain herbs like nettle, which helps strengthen hair and reduce hair fall, leaving your hair and scalp healthier over time, and scented only with natural essential oils in a very delicate scent so that you don’t have to worry about the fragrance as well. Over time, your hair gets back to its stronger, healthier, shinier state without the need for parabens or silicone or SLS. You can check it out along with our whitening toothpaste and our full hair care bundles at wellnesse.com. An insider tip, grab an essentials bundle or try auto-ship and you will lock in a discount.