I am here today with Lane Kennedy, a truly inspiring mom, female entrepreneur, and health coach with an awesome story. This interview is going to dispel some myths and controversy around one of the most requested podcast topics, which is what CBD or cannabidiol is all about.
If it sound familiar, yes, it is related to cannabis (marijuana), but there are some compelling reasons to look past the controversy and into the science-backed medical benefits. Promise!
Why Cannibidiol (CBD) Isn’t What You Think It Is …
First let me tell you that Lane is actually one of the original Bulletproof coaches, meaning she’s been through Dave Asprey’s certification program that helps you learn how to teach others to optimize their own biology for the best possible health. Since Lane has had to conquer her own health problems and chronic pain (with the help of cannibidiol), she’s the perfect advocate for women who are struggling or stressed and looking for solutions.
Some other interesting facts about Lane I just have to mention: she slept on a wooden pillow for a while, she’s given birth at home like I have, and she’s been in long-term recovery for more than 20 years. She also struggled with infertility for years as well. I know she has a lot to share with us, and I can’t wait to jump in!
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- Lane’s long and painful struggle with poor health, and what she did that finally turned it all around (hint: it wasn’t just healthy living)
- what cannabidiol has to do with cannabis, marijuana, THC, and other controversial substances
- the overwhelming anecdotal evidence that suggests cannabidiol may help relieve chronic pain, poor sleep, out of balance hormones, depression, ADHD, and more … and what the science says too
- how cannabidiol differs from medical marijuana
- uses for CBD oil, and whether it’s safe for women, kids, and even babies
- the best forms of CBD oil to take (and some that don’t work as well)
- what to always check before buying cannabidiol in any form
- and more!
Resources We Mention
Follow Lane Kennedy at LaneKennedy.com
Related Episodes & Articles
- 44: Diet & Lifestyle Interventions – Izabella Wentz
- 7: Reducing Stress, Chronic Pain & Talking to Doctors – Kevin Cuccaro
- 17: Reversing Infertility & PCOS Naturally – Alisa Vitti
- 126: Dr. Marc Sklar on How to Beat Infertility and Get Pregnant Naturally
- 95: The Science of Sustainable Weight Loss with Bright Line (on the subject of addiction)
- The Importance of Balancing Stress Hormones
- Pain Relief Lotion Bars
Have you used cannibidiol? What was your experience? Would you consider adding this to your natural health remedies cabinet? Please leave me a comment and let me know!
Also, let me know how I’m doing by leaving me a review in iTunes. I try to read each and every comment, and my guests often do too and might answer your questions!
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by My Green Mattress. If you’ve been reading Wellness Mama, you know that I have used and recommended natural and organic mattresses for years. I’ve tried a lot of natural options and I love all the ones that we’ve tried. But I’ve been getting a lot of requests for a more budget-friendly option that is good for kids. Which is why when our littlest needed a bigger mattress, we ordered one from My Green Mattress. They are GOT and GOLS certified, they are GREENGUARD certified and they’re completely natural. They’re also much less expensive than a lot of natural mattresses. Check them out and find out more at WellnessMama.com/go/green-mattress.
This podcast is brought to you by MyoBuddy. This thing is one of my daily ways to relax because it combines the benefits of infrared heat, percussive massage, and vibrational therapy for what I can only describe as a mixture of deep tissue massage and myofascial release all in one device. It has really reduced my muscle tension and my need for massage. Athletes use it for faster recovery and many people with conditions like MS or chronic fatigue use this for muscle relief. Find out more at Myobuddy.com and be sure to use the code MAMA18 to get $100 off!