Today’s episode won’t apply to everyone, but I think the topic will be really helpful for a specific segment of you. I’ve been getting more and more feedback and questions from you on the topic of breast implants (and specifically breast implant illness), so I’m really excited to be talking about this today.
I’m chatting with Dr. Robert Whitfield, one of the foremost experts in the world on this topic who specializes in breast implant removal surgery and other advanced procedures. He’s been a plastic surgeon for 26 years and is highly sought after for his Holistic Accelerated Recovery Program (HARP). This unique program addresses systemic inflammation and helps patients before and after implant removal surgery.
We talk about what to consider before getting implants and who is at a higher risk of adverse effects. Dr. Whitfield also talks about some natural alternatives to implants for women who still want to get surgical work done. He shares some specific protocols for managing our inflammation, especially as it relates to implants, and ways to follow his program even if you can’t travel to Texas.
So let’s join Dr. Whitfield!
Episode Highlights With Dr. Whitfield
- Why he and I both love the show Ted Lasso and highly recommend it
- What breast implant illness is and why it can be difficult to pinpoint and how much of the body it can affect
- Do all women experience problems from breast implants or do some do ok?
- Factors that make women more at risk for BII
- What to be aware of with explant surgery and considerations to understand
- The lymphoma connection to implants and how to remove them safely
- The stats about implants and complications
- What to do if you’re considering explants
- Specific supplements and interventions he recommends for inflammation
- Uncommon symptoms that can be related to breast implant illness and inflammation
- His advice for inflammation even if you don’t ever work with him
Resources We Mention
- Dr. Robert Whitfield – Website (use code wellnessmama for a discount)
- Breast Implant Illness Podcast
- Book: Metabolical: The Lure and the Lies of Processed Food, Nutrition, and Modern Medicine by Robert H. Lustig
- Book: Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork by Dan Sullivan
More From Wellness Mama
- 277: Diane Kazer on Healing Breast Implant Illness
- 436: Are Bras Making Us Sick? The Breast Disease Link With Sydney Singer
- 231: Dr. Veronique Desaulniers on Conquering & Avoiding Breast Cancer
- 640: Magdalena Wszelaki on Breast Issues, Hormones, and Finding Balance
- 7 Natural Ways to Boost Breast Health