Today I’m talking with a new friend of mine, Tallene Hacatoryan, and the topic is all about PCOS, hormone balance, and what to do about it. Tallene was diagnosed with PCOS at 18 and through a lot of research and experience reversed her symptoms. She’s also a registered dietician and uses her PCOS knowledge to help other women overcome their hormone health challenges.
Many women (and girls) with PCOS are told to just take birth control and ignore the problem. While it can provide some symptom relief, Tallene helps women get to the root cause of what’s causing these issues. We go deep into what women can do to help reverse these issues and the health advice that’s likely sabotaging their health more than helping.
Tallene gives her thoughts on fasting, keto, the best types of workouts for PCOS, which foods to avoid or add, and so much more. While I haven’t had PCOS myself, I know what it feels like to have a chronic illness and be told there’s nothing you can do to reverse it. Often times that doesn’t have to be the case! So if you’re dealing with hair loss, painful cysts, dark facial hair, mood swings, or any other hormone issue that could be related to PCOS, I know you’ll find this episode helpful!
Episode Highlights With Tallene
- Her own personal experience with PCOS and how she overcame it
- How PCOS is diagnosed: 2 out of 3 common symptoms
- PCOS is linked to blood sugar issues, insulin resistance, higher incidence of thyroid problems, and other issues
- Factors that are contributing to the rise in PCOS
- Why PCOS is actually a somewhat protective mechanism but why it has gotten out of control
- How endocrine disruptors contribute to the problem
- The way insulin resistance comes into play
- What to know about insulin resistance and how to resolve it
- How walking helps with stress hormones and insulin resistance
- Ways to use light and sleep to your advantage if you have PCOS
- The reason gluten/dairy free can be helpful for women with PCOS in reducing inflammation
- What inositol is and why it can be helpful for PCOS (and many other things)
Resources We Mention
- Levels – Continuous Glucose Monitor
- The Cysterhood Website
- Instagram – PCOS
- PCOS Weight Loss
- PCOS SOS: A Gynecologist’s Lifeline To Naturally Restore Your Rhythms, Hormones, and Happiness by Felice Gersh M D
- 101 Essays That Will Change The Way You Think by Brianna Wiest
More From Wellness Mama
- 017: Alisa Vitti on Reversing Infertility & PCOS Naturally
- 104: Dr. Brooke Kalanick on the Root Causes of PCOS & Endometriosis
- 510: Maggie Berghoff on Practical Tips for Reducing Inflammation
- 597: Dr. Kelley-Chew on the Crisis of Metabolic Dysfunction & What to Do About It
- 606: Kelly LeVeque on Blood Sugar Balance, the Fab Four, Protein, and Demystifying Health
- 371: How Eating More Protein Will Transform Your Metabolism With Dr. Gabrielle Lyon
- Can Intermittent Fasting (Skipping Meals) Make You Healthier?
Join the Conversation...