I’m excited today to finally sit down and chat with Marie Forleo. I’ve followed her for over a decade and we’ve crossed paths in the business world, but we finally get to talk in person. Marie is a New York Times best-selling author, has an award-winning TV show, and was named one of INC’s 500 fastest-growing companies.
You may have heard of her popular program B-School that’s helped nearly 80,000 people start (and grow) their dream businesses. Her other program, Time Genius, is especially relevant to moms. This program helps people reclaim their time and skyrocket their joy and productivity (in or out of the business world).
Our focus today is on her book “Everything is Figureoutable,” and how we can all harness the power of our inner dialogue to change our lives. The message behind the meaning of that title is inspiring and I think you’ll find it really encouraging. We also go deep on listening to our inner voice, embracing failure as a positive, and overcoming imposter syndrome.
Even if you don’t have plans to start your own business, these principles can apply to all of us. Especially as we model for and help guide our children as they grow. I really enjoyed my conversation with Marie today and I hope you’ll join me and listen in!
Episode Highlights With Marie
- Why she was an original member of the smurf fan club
- Her own entrepreneurial journey
- Why she doesn’t feel that our current educational model prepares us for how to best contribute to the world in a meaningful way
- How to learn to listen to the small voice inside
- Getting through imposter syndrome and learning to listen to our intuition even if we are scared
- Failure = a faithful attempt in learning and how to reframe failure and learn from it
- Clarity comes from engagement, not thought
- Her time management tips from time genius
- The most powerful words in the universe
Resources We Mention
- Time Genius
- Everything Is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
More From Wellness Mama
- 488: Laila Ali on Mindset From World Championship Boxing to Health and Wellness
- 448: Mike Bayer on Creating a Strong Mindset in Ourselves and Our Kids
- 382: World Renowned Mindset Expert on High Performance and Setting Our Kids Up for Success With Elliot Roe
- 230: Chalene Johnson on How to Protect Your Mindset & Live a Balanced Life
- 223: How a Mindset for Moms Can Help You Get More Done & Stress Less