I’m here today with Diana Lane, a Stress Reduction Specialist and Holistic Health Expert. Diana started off as a premed heart surgeon, but quickly realized once she started working with heart patients that something was terribly wrong with the system. She’s since embraced becoming an acupuncturist, herbalist, and Reiki master with over 18 years of experience in the medical field.
I’m excited about our conversation today because Diana has so much to share when it comes to the mind-body-soul connection. And for a long time this was the biggest missing piece in my health journey. Acknowledging past trauma and dealing with the emotional aspects was key for healing my autoimmune disease.
Diana covers the different tools and ways we can tap into these sources, especially when it comes to acupuncture. While acupuncture is considered “woo” in conventional circles, there’s actually a lot of science to back it up. We also talk about EFT (tapping), energy flow, how healing really happens, and so much more. There’s a whole lot packed into today’s episode and I look forward to sharing our conversation with you!
Episode Highlights With Diana
- Her journey backpacking from china to Thailand to learn Traditional Chinese Medicine and what she learned
- How she went from pre-med heart expert to multi-modality acupuncture and holistic health
- What acupuncture is and how it works
- How acupuncture works with energy and electricity using water and metal to conduct electricity and the scientific backing for it
- Is acupuncture safe for moms and pregnant moms
- Why you have to feel it to heal it and how emotional and mental health are so intricately connected to physical health
- “The issues are in the tissues”
- What EFT is and how it can be helpful for healing
- Where thoughts go, energy flows
- Keep being love and how healing happens
- When discomfort arises, can you learn to love that too?
- How does healing actually happen and how understanding this can help in all areas of healing
Resources We Mention
- Diana Lane – Acupuncture
- Diana Lane – Instagram
- A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
More From Wellness Mama
- 309: How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
- 689: The Survival Paradox: How Our Innate Healing Abilities Can Turn Against Us With Dr. Isaac Eliaz
- 440: Dr. Ari Langdon on Working Through Trauma & Understanding the Mind/Body Connection
- 513: Tanner Wallace on Childhood Trauma, Attachment Wounds, and How to Heal
- 574: Gabby Bernstein on Happy Days: From Trauma to Freedom and Inner Peace
- EFT: How Tapping & Emotional Freedom Technique Work