Today I get to talk with Nadine Artemis, an expert in healthy beauty products, aromatherapy, and holistic oral care. We explore why sunshine is so important (especially for healthy teeth) and all the ways we can care for our oral microbiome. Nadine shared with me that springtime is actually cavity season. After a long winter without much vitamin D from sunshine we’re more prone to cavities.
Just like our gut, our mouth has its own microbe balance. What we eat and what we use to rinse/brush with can make a huge difference in how healthy our teeth are. So join me as Nadine and I talk all about how to have a healthy smile and a healthier body with good nutrition and sunlight.
Episode Highlights With Nadine Artemis
- Her fascinating family history and a family member that inspired the James Bond series
- What the oral microbiome is and the dentinal lymphatic system
- Why blood sugar might matter more than sugar in the mouth
- The fascinating way the oral ecosystem works
- Acid theory of cavities and why this might be wrong
- How diet and lifestyle affect oral health
- Ways to keep the bacteria in the mouth in balance, without killing the beneficial bacteria
- How to get white teeth naturally
- Are cavities reversible?
- What actually causes teeth to be white (it’s not what you think)
- Enamel is like glass and clear, the whiteness of teeth comes from inside
- What oil pulling is and how to use it
- Why we need MORE sunshine… not less
- 67% of wisdom teeth removals are not needed
- What to keep an eye on if you have had teeth removed (including wisdom teeth), a root canal or other major mouth surgery
Resources We Mention
- Nadine Artemis – website
- Holistic Dental Care: The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums by Nadine Artemis
- Successful Self-Dentistry: How to Avoid the Dentist Without Ignoring Your Teeth by Nadine Artemis
- Wellnesse Toothpaste
- Just Thrive K2-7
- This Light in Oneself: True Meditation by J. Krishnamurti
- The Revolution from Within by J Krishnamurti
- Rumi books
More From Wellness Mama
- 385: Root Canals, Wisdom Teeth, Remineralizing Teeth, and More With Dr. Kelly Blodgett
- 542: Mark Burhenne on the Oral Microbiome, Fluoride Use and How Your Mouth Can Heal Itself
- 127: Dr. Steven Lin on How to Reverse Dental Problems Through Diet
- How to Remineralize Teeth Naturally & Reverse Tooth Decay
- Root Canal: Dangerous or Just Misunderstood?
- My Oral Health Routine (That Stopped My Cavities)
- Oil Pulling Benefits: How to Use Coconut Oil for Healthy Teeth
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...