Mimi Bouchard is a tech CEO and personal development enthusiast and I was really excited to have her on the podcast to share her expertise in the health and wellness industry and also her practices and teachings around motivation, meditation, personal development, and relationships.
She underwent a pretty profound transformation herself, and this is a lot of what we talk about today. She also founded an app called Superhuman, where she uses her pragmatic and science-backed approach to self-development to revolutionize what it means to meditate. Meditation is something that is very often cited by guests on this podcast as something that they do every single day and that is very important to their life and happiness and I wanted to continue that conversation with Mimi.
We talk about how she got into meditation, what her purpose is, and how she considers it her job to help people feel more alive, how she didn’t actually like meditation for a long time because of the definition she’d been given of it, and how she overcame an eating disorder and changed her body through these types of meditation. We also talk about things like learning to answer the question, who am I (and why that can be so tough), how she uses journaling to improve her life, her own personal 80/20 for health, and so much more!
Episode Highlights With Mimi Bouchard
- How she got into meditation
- What separates her superhuman app from other meditations
- Why her purpose is to help people feel more alive
- How she didn’t like meditation for a long time
- The way she overcame an eating disorder and changed her body with visualization and meditation
- How to use these mental rehearsal meditations to reprogram the mind toward where you want it to go
- Answering the question of “who am i” and why it can be so tough
- How she uses journaling to improve her life
- Some of her writing prompts for meditative journaling
- Why it is so important to know that you are 100% responsible for your life
- Her own personal 80/20 for health and her non-negotiables
Resources We Mention
- Superhuman App – Use code wellnessmama for 6-week free membership only redeemable on the website
- Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing by Christiane Northrup M.D.
- The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success by Darren Hardy
- Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon by Dr Joe Dispenza
- Mind to Matter: The Astonishing Science of How Your Brain Creates Material Reality by Dawson Church
More From Wellness Mama
- 519: Yung Pueblo Diego Perez on Meditation, Going Inward, and Clarity & Connection
- 315: Mindfulness for Moms With Ziva Meditation’s Emily Fletcher
- 675: Energetic Time Management, Self-Trust, and Alignment With Heather Chauvin
- 162: Dan Harris on Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics & How to Be 10% Happier
- How to Create a Morning Routine (That Lasts)
- How Breath Helps the Body: Simple Breathing Exercises You Can Do Anywhere
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.