Mimi Bouchard is a tech CEO and personal development enthusiast and I was really excited to have her on the podcast to share her expertise in the health and wellness industry and also her practices and teachings around motivation, meditation, personal development, and relationships.
She underwent a pretty profound transformation herself, and this is a lot of what we talk about today. She also founded an app called Superhuman, where she uses her pragmatic and science-backed approach to self-development to revolutionize what it means to meditate. Meditation is something that is very often cited by guests on this podcast as something that they do every single day and that is very important to their life and happiness and I wanted to continue that conversation with Mimi.
We talk about how she got into meditation, what her purpose is, and how she considers it her job to help people feel more alive, how she didn’t actually like meditation for a long time because of the definition she’d been given of it, and how she overcame an eating disorder and changed her body through these types of meditation. We also talk about things like learning to answer the question, who am I (and why that can be so tough), how she uses journaling to improve her life, her own personal 80/20 for health, and so much more!
Episode Highlights With Mimi Bouchard
- How she got into meditation
- What separates her superhuman app from other meditations
- Why her purpose is to help people feel more alive
- How she didn’t like meditation for a long time
- The way she overcame an eating disorder and changed her body with visualization and meditation
- How to use these mental rehearsal meditations to reprogram the mind toward where you want it to go
- Answering the question of “who am i” and why it can be so tough
- How she uses journaling to improve her life
- Some of her writing prompts for meditative journaling
- Why it is so important to know that you are 100% responsible for your life
- Her own personal 80/20 for health and her non-negotiables
Resources We Mention
- Superhuman App – Use code wellnessmama for 6-week free membership only redeemable on the website
- Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing by Christiane Northrup M.D.
- The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success by Darren Hardy
- Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon by Dr Joe Dispenza
- Mind to Matter: The Astonishing Science of How Your Brain Creates Material Reality by Dawson Church
More From Wellness Mama
- 519: Yung Pueblo Diego Perez on Meditation, Going Inward, and Clarity & Connection
- 315: Mindfulness for Moms With Ziva Meditation’s Emily Fletcher
- 162: Dan Harris on Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics & How to Be 10% Happier
- How to Create a Morning Routine (That Lasts)
- How Breath Helps the Body: Simple Breathing Exercises You Can Do Anywhere
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Hiya Health… a new type of childrens vitamins. Typical children’s vitamins are basically candy in disguise — filled with two teaspoons of sugar, unhealthy chemicals, and other gummy junk growing kids should never eat. Hiya is made with zero sugar and zero gummy junk, yet it tastes great and is perfect for picky eaters. Hiya fills in the most common gaps in modern children’s diets to provide the full-body nourishment our kids need with a yummy taste they love. Manufactured in the USA with globally sourced ingredients each selected for optimal bioavailability and absorption. Hiya arrives straight to your door on a pediatrician-recommended schedule. Your first month comes with a reusable glass bottle your kids can personalize with stickers, then every month thereafter Hiya sends a no-plastic refill pouch of fresh vitamins — which means Hiya isn’t just good for your kids, it’s also good for the environment. To check them out, go to hiyahealth.com/wellnessmama and save on your first month at this link!
This podcast is sponsored by Kion Aminos… You probably know that the human body is mostly water. What you probably don’t know is that everything else in your body is 50% amino acids. These building blocks of life are essential for health and fitness. No matter how you like to move—whatever you do to stay fit—amino acids are essential. This is why KION AMINOS is my fundamental supplement for fitness. I drink them every day for energy, muscle, and recovery. Kion Aminos is backed by over 20 years of clinical research, has the highest quality ingredients, no fillers or junk, undergoes rigorous quality testing, and tastes amazing with all-natural flavors. So, if you want to naturally boost energy, build lean muscle, and enhance athletic recovery, you need to get Kion Aminos. You can now save 20% on monthly deliveries and 10% on one-time purchases. Just go to getkion.com/wellnessmama.