I’m here with Whitney Freya, and we talk all about how to transcend fear and create a life you love through art. And this is largely her life’s work. She is an expert in inspired living and providing practical tools and practices that free your mind from limitations and scarcity to create more in your life that lights you up from the inside out.
She’s the author of three books along this topic of personal creativity, and she leads online courses that teach you personal painting practices that will dramatically expand your sense of possibility and overall wellness. And I talk a lot about the more knowledge-based cerebral side of health on this podcast, and I wanted to bring in somebody to talk about creativity and give some tangible tools to actually enhance this.
We talk about how she took up paragliding at age 46, her journey toward creativity that led her to her life work, and how she uses art to enhance creativity and to work through fear. She shares some specific tools for opening yourself to more creativity, how we can only operate from a place of fear or a place of love (not both at the same time) and how to learn to observe yourself and witness your emotions instead of staying in a place of reaction, and so much more. This is a deviation from our normal topic, but I think a really important one, and I hope you will enjoy.
Episode Highlights With Whitney Freya
- How she took up paragliding at age 46!
- Her journey toward creativity and what led to her life work
- How she uses art to enhance creativity and work through fear and scarcity
- Tools for opening yourself to more creativity and flow and moving out of fear
- Why we can only operate from a place of fear or from a place of love
- Thoughts become things and why what we resist resists
- Worry and stress are you painting a picture in your mind of what you don’t want to happen
- How to learn to observe yourself and witness yourself instead of staying in a place of reaction
- Her story of divorce and how it became a beautiful experience for all involved
- Why the happiest people have a project they are working on
- “It is impossible to be creative and depressed at the same time”
- How she uses painting to break through fear
- Ways to teach kids not to attach to emotion and to move through them in motion
Resources We Mention
- Whitney Freya website
- A Course in Miracles Workbook
- Your Magical Creative Awareness – Free gift
- Rise Above – Free Your Mind One Brushstroke At A Time by Whitney Freya
- 30 Days to Unstoppable: Be the Dream Made Visible by Whitney Freya
- Super Soul Flow Adult Coloring Book – High Quality, Thick Paper – Hand Drawn Designs by Expert Artists by Whitney Freya
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Journey of Souls by Michael Newton
- Dr. Joe Dispenza books
More From Wellness Mama
- 528: Tony Robbins on Life Force: Precision Medicine to Transform Your Life
- 415: Reversing Limiting Beliefs Such As “I Am Not Enough” With Marisa Peer
- The Ultimate Art Station Solution (for the Whole Family)
- Simple Block by Block Art Project (The Whole Family Can Do!)
- DIY Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- Homemade Finger Paint Recipe
- How to Preserve and Display Kids’ Art
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.