I’m here with Whitney Freya, and we talk all about how to transcend fear and create a life you love through art. And this is largely her life’s work. She is an expert in inspired living and providing practical tools and practices that free your mind from limitations and scarcity to create more in your life that lights you up from the inside out.
She’s the author of three books along this topic of personal creativity, and she leads online courses that teach you personal painting practices that will dramatically expand your sense of possibility and overall wellness. And I talk a lot about the more knowledge-based cerebral side of health on this podcast, and I wanted to bring in somebody to talk about creativity and give some tangible tools to actually enhance this.
We talk about how she took up paragliding at age 46, her journey toward creativity that led her to her life work, and how she uses art to enhance creativity and to work through fear. She shares some specific tools for opening yourself to more creativity, how we can only operate from a place of fear or a place of love (not both at the same time) and how to learn to observe yourself and witness your emotions instead of staying in a place of reaction, and so much more. This is a deviation from our normal topic, but I think a really important one, and I hope you will enjoy.
Episode Highlights With Whitney Freya
- How she took up paragliding at age 46!
- Her journey toward creativity and what led to her life work
- How she uses art to enhance creativity and work through fear and scarcity
- Tools for opening yourself to more creativity and flow and moving out of fear
- Why we can only operate from a place of fear or from a place of love
- Thoughts become things and why what we resist resists
- Worry and stress are you painting a picture in your mind of what you don’t want to happen
- How to learn to observe yourself and witness yourself instead of staying in a place of reaction
- Her story of divorce and how it became a beautiful experience for all involved
- Why the happiest people have a project they are working on
- “It is impossible to be creative and depressed at the same time”
- How she uses painting to break through fear
- Ways to teach kids not to attach to emotion and to move through them in motion
Resources We Mention
- Whitney Freya website
- A Course in Miracles Workbook
- Your Magical Creative Awareness – Free gift
- Rise Above – Free Your Mind One Brushstroke At A Time by Whitney Freya
- 30 Days to Unstoppable: Be the Dream Made Visible by Whitney Freya
- Super Soul Flow Adult Coloring Book – High Quality, Thick Paper – Hand Drawn Designs by Expert Artists by Whitney Freya
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Journey of Souls by Michael Newton
- Dr. Joe Dispenza books
More From Wellness Mama
- 528: Tony Robbins on Life Force: Precision Medicine to Transform Your Life
- 415: Reversing Limiting Beliefs Such As “I Am Not Enough” With Marisa Peer
- The Ultimate Art Station Solution (for the Whole Family)
- Simple Block by Block Art Project (The Whole Family Can Do!)
- DIY Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- Homemade Finger Paint Recipe
- How to Preserve and Display Kids’ Art
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored Everbella liquid collagen. Most collagen doesn’t actually get to your skin and there’s a very simple reason why. Many supplements have a weird filler that can actually DESTROY your collagen. Collagen can be the most powerful beauty tool you’ll ever use, IF you get the right kind! Even more fascinating is that I found a collagen that actually does work…And it looks and tastes like delicious caramel. It does not have any fillers, sugar, or preservatives whatsoever. It comes from happy, grass-fed beef. There are no other companies who make micellized collagen that go through the extensive testing they do. They source their ingredients from Europe, Canada, and the USA. And the flavor is so good that I love adding it to coffee and foods. Since collagen makes up 75-80% of your skin, this is a big part of my skin health arsenal and I’ve learned that beautiful skin starts from the inside out and is much less about the products we put on the skin. This micellized collagen supplement – one that’s super absorbable to allow maximum support for my hair, skin, and nails. Some types of collagen are actually too big to be used by the body, and this one uses the right size and form of collagen with Vitamin E and DHA for maximum benefit. Learn more and save 15% at wellnessmama.com/go/everbella.
This episode is brought to you by Wellnesse… my natural personal care line of products that are designed to work better than their conventional alternatives. And the newest in our lineup is natural deodorant that actually works! It joins our toothpaste, other oral care products, haircare and soap as, in my opinion, the best deodorant on the market. At Wellnesse, we know that what goes on the body gets into the body, so we create products that aren’t just not harmful, but go beyond to be great for the body! Our deodorant took a lot of iterations to get the formula perfect and now its a skin microbiome friendly, highly effective natural deodorant that won’t cause itching or rashes like many natural deodorants (and it smells great!). Check out all Wellnesse products at Wellnesse.com!