Our thoughts (especially the ones we think about ourselves) make such an impact on our wellness and happiness. I’m sure every mom out there knows exactly what I’m talking about! My guest today does too. Marissa Peer, the founder of IamEnough.com, designed an entire therapy system to help people find and reverse the limiting beliefs and thoughts that weigh us down.
Called Rapid Transformational Therapy, or RTT, her methods work really, really quickly in many cases. We go into how this process works, as well as how we as parents can make sure to give our children a strong foundation in this area.
You actually might hear me take a second to respond a couple of times in this episode… and it’s because I was writing down so many notes! Take a listen and see if you love Marisa’s advice as much as I did.
Episode Highlights With Marisa Peer
- What limiting beliefs are and where they come from
- How shifting thoughts and beliefs can cause rapid and immediate change
- Why treatments don’t have to be complex when you treat the root vs the behavior
- How not having core needs met leads to limiting beliefs later in life
- The one thing young children really need (hint: presence and not stuff)
- The way Marisa helps people deal with pain in a rapid and complete way
- What RTT is and how it works differently than most therapies
- How to help your children not internalize painful childhood experiences
- A really important reason to let kids have an opinion
- The surprising connection to infertility that is often a block for couples
- The better questions we can ask ourselves to help reprogram our brain to have the body we want, to find love, etc.
- Ways to know the questions to ask yourself and how to be specific enough
- And more!
- Marisa Peer Website | Instagram | Facebook
- I Am Enough by Marisa Peer
- Other Marisa Peer books
- RTT Guide for Moms
- Children’s Meditation (Zappy Cells)
- Tess of the D’Urbervilles
- Jane Eyre
- The Body Keeps the Score
- It’s All in Your Head
- Feelings Buried Alive Never Die
More From Wellness Mama
- 411: Breaking the Invisible Corset & Connecting to Your Body With Lauren Geertsen
- 339: Healing Trauma, Releasing Shame, Finding Joy & Becoming a Super Attractor With Gabrielle Bernstein
- 309: How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
- 249: How to Harness Energy & Create Success From the Inside Out With Suzy Batiz of Poo~Pourri
- 212: How to Release Cravings and Emotional Eating With EFT
- Talking to Yourself With Self-Compassion (& Why It’s Healthy)
- EFT: How Tapping & Emotional Freedom Technique Work
Do you think you have any limiting beliefs that hold you back? What did you think of this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Beekeeper’s Naturals. They’re a company I love and they’re on a mission to reinvent your medicine cabinet with clean, effective products that really work. They have a whole hive of products packed with immune-loving essentials to help you feel great every day. I love their B.LXR. You might have even heard me talk about this before because it’s a natural energy and focus product that really, really works for me. You can get focused and find your flow for all of your work-related resolutions, and it helps really just bust right through brain fog naturally. It’s a little tiny shot you can take first thing in the morning to stay energized and focused all day long. It truly gives me more energy than coffee without any jitters or any crash. And it’s powered by all-natural ingredients, like science-backed adaptogens and other healthy products that are incredible for the brain. These little vials support clear thinking and they may even help support a healthier brain over time. When you’re ready to upgrade, check out Beekeeper’s Naturals and discover other clean remedies that your family will love. Save 15% on your first order by going to beekeepersnaturals.com/wellnessmama.
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, that is Wellnesse with an E on the end. It is my new company that makes personal care products like hair care, toothpaste, and now hand sanitizer. And this month especially, we are focusing on hair care. We’re running something called the love your locks challenge. Now through the 14th, you can save 14% off dry shampoo and other hair care products with the code VALENTINE. And we’re doing this as a challenge because most people don’t realize a lot of hair care products contain really harsh detergents. But your hair is not dirty laundry and you don’t need to wash it like it is. And so we formulated products that are designed to work with your hair to maintain natural strength and shine and to help it actually get stronger and thicker over time. And we’re inviting you to try it and be part of the challenge. Specifically, we’re doing a fun challenge related to how long can you go without washing your hair using just dry shampoo. And I’ll be chronicling my week on Instagram if you guys wanna join along with me. And I would love if you would tag me at Wellness Mama and also Wellnesse, @mywellnesse on social media, with your hair before and after, and feel and see the results for yourself. But, again, to join us in the challenge, save 14% off all of our haircare products at wellnesse.com from February 7-14th. Use the code VALENTINE to save 14% and don’t forget to tag us with your photo so we can share you on social media.