This tackles a tough topic, but I think a very, very important one in today’s world—sex trafficking. I am here with Jimmy Rex, who spends his time trying to make a difference in the world, serving as an undercover operative for various organizations that rescue people from sex trafficking. He’s also an active real estate agent with one of the most sought-after real estate coaching programs in the country and has his own podcast called “The Jimmy Rex Show” that shows extraordinary people living extraordinary lives.
Today, we talk about how he’s worked on 12 different operations to rescue people and how this is a widespread problem in many US cities and worldwide. We also discuss how technology is a major avenue for trafficking, why sex trafficking doesn’t always look like you think it would, what to watch for, and how to talk to your kids about it.
I think that you will learn a lot. I know I did and didn’t realize quite how widespread and horrific this problem is.
Episode Highlights With Jimmy Rex
- How Jimmy got into working to help eradicate childhood sex trafficking worldwide
- His work on 12 different operations to help rescue survivors
- The widespread problem in many US cities and worldwide and how they can often find people in just a couple of hours
- How technology has changed the way sex trafficking happens
- Why sex trafficking doesn’t always look like you think it would
- How organizations spend 6x more on aftercare than rescues
- The warning signs to watch for in your kids or their friends
- How to teach your kids to be aware of the risks
- Important boundaries to put in place with your kids so they will be less at risk
- Tech guidelines to put in place to protect your kids
- How people can target kids through technology and social media
- Why it’s good to wait to post travel photos until a few days later and encourage your kids to do the same
- Important conversations to have with your kids to help them be safe
- Steps we can all take to help stop sex trafficking worldwide
- How his work has taken him to 84 countries and counting
- He reads 50-100 books per year!
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Child Liberation Foundation
- Operation Underground Railroad
- Jimmy’s website, podcast and Instagram
- You End Up Where You’re Heading: The Hidden Danger of Living a Safe Life by Jimmy Rex
- The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
- Brene Brown’s books
More From Wellness Mama
- 425: Helping Kids & Teens Build a Healthy Relationship With Technology With Katey McPherson
- 225: Jenny Thompson on SafetyPin Technology to Keep Your Family Safer
- 101: Tom Woods on Critical Thinking in a Social Media World
- 382: World Renowned Mindset Expert on High Performance and Setting Our Kids Up for Success With Elliot Roe
- 341: Q&A With Katie: Motivation, Magnesium, Homeschooling & Parenting Teens
- 434: Biohacking Joy and Creating Strong Community With Radha Agrawal of Daybreaker
- 367: Creating Your Tribe: Micro-Communities for School, Activities, & Social Support
- Why I Don’t Post About My Kids Online
Join the Conversation...