This episode is all about mold! Mold exposure, mold toxicity, and mold remediation, both in the home environment and in the body. I’m here with Dr. Tim Jackson who is a functional medicine practitioner and biohacker, and he’s also a member of the Wellness Mama medical review board because I really trust his opinion and his research. His website is HealYourBody.org, and he has a specific specialty related to mold.
We talk about why mold seems to be a bigger problem today than it has been in the past, how to test for it, and how to recover if you’ve been exposed. If you have ever been exposed to mold or worry that it could be a factor in your home, you’re gonna learn a lot in this episode.
Episode Highlights With Dr. Tim Jackson
- Why mold is a bigger problem today than it was in the past
- How EMF exposure makes a person more susceptible to mold toxicity
- What the schumann resonance is and why it’s important
- How to know if you need to test for mold?
- The best tests for mold in the home environment and in the body
- Resources for mold remediation and how to find a good company
- The health problems related to mold exposure to look out for
- How mold exposure blocks mitochondrial function
- Why 95% of all sinus infections are mold related!
- The best filtration to use to keep mold spores at bay
- How an indoor humidity meter can help mold down
- Why to keep the fan in the bathroom running for at least 20 minutes after a shower and keep the door open on the washing machine when not in use
- The reason to close your garage door when it rains
- How to detox mold once you have been exposed
- The way mycotoxins store in the body (and how remove them with binders and careful supplementation)
- Why activated charcoal and zeolite alone can’t fully deal with mold
- Supplements that help after mold exposure (and estrogen dominance)
- What tudka is and how it helps
- If ozone is a helpful part of mold detoxification and how to use it safely
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Dr. Tim’s website (HealYourBody.org) – use code WELLNESSMAMA10 to save
- Air Doctor filter
- DNRS for mindset and recovery
- Tuesdays With Morrie
- Stop Stealing Dreams by Seth Godin (free PDF)
More From Wellness Mama
- 306: Dangers of Mold Exposure & How to Protect Yourself From Mold Toxicity With Ann Shippy MD
- 381: How to Protect Indoor Air Quality From Viruses, Contaminants and Smoke With Peter Spiegel of AirDoctor
- 398: Sauna Use to Increase Lifespan, Improve Thyroid, Detox Safely, and More With Sauna Fix
- Healthy Home Buyers: What to Look for When House Hunting
- How Toxic Mold Exposure Harms the Body
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Levels Continuous Glucose Monitors. I have been experimenting with this continuous glucose monitoring system for the past few months, and I’ve learned so much personalized data about my body’s own response to different foods, even to workouts, to sauna, and to when I don’t get enough sleep. I’ve been using Levels, and this has made a significant difference in the way I track my glucose data, and especially as it relates to diet and fitness. Levels is cool, because in addition to providing you with the continuous glucose monitor sensors, their app interprets your data, scores your individual meal, and allows you to run experiments across different inputs like diet, exercise, or even fasting protocols.
They’re backed by a world-class team, including Stanford-trained MD, top engineers from SpaceX and Google, and a research team that includes legends in the space like Dr. Dominic D’Agostino and Dr. David Perlmutter, both who have been guests on this podcast before. Health is so personalized, and this has given me a way to know the best foods for my own body, and it’s helping me get enough protein and carbs while still maintaining weight loss. Levels is currently running a closed beta program with a waitlist of 100,000 people, but, as a listener, you can skip that line and join Levels today by going to, levels.link/wellnessmama.
This podcast is sponsored by Olipop, a company reinventing the idea of soda! It’s no secret that most things we think of as soda aren’t great for your body with the massive amounts of sugar and added artificial ingredients. But Olipop is a new kind of soda that tastes just like the sodas we grew up with, but unlike other sodas, it is packed with natural ingredients that are good for you and that help keep your gut happy too! They have delicious nostalgic flavors like Vintage Cola, Classic Root Beer, Orange Squeeze, Cherry Vanilla and Strawberry Vanilla. Strawberry is my current favorite but I really enjoy all of their flavors. They use functional ingredients that combine the benefits of prebiotics, plant fiber and botanicals to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. There is also a massive difference in their sugar content. Their Vintage Cola has just two grams of sugar as compared to a regular Coca-Cola which has 39g of sugar. Their Orange Squeeze has 5g of sugar compared to Orange Fanta which has 44g of sugar. All of their products are Non-GMO, Vegan, Paleo and Keto-friendly with less than 8g net carbs per can. They are so confident that you will LOVE their products that they offer a 100% money back guarantee for orders placed through their website. We’ve worked out a special deal for Wellness Mama listeners. Save 15% off your purchase. I recommend trying their variety pack as tis is a great way to try all of their delicious flavors. Go to drinkolipop.com/wellnessmama or use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout to claim this deal. Olipop can also be found in over 5,000 stores across the country, including Kroger, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Wegmans.