I love this time of year when gardens are starting to produce and farmers markets have fresh greens for salads. Big salads are my go-to lunch and often my go-to dinner with a mug of warm bone broth on the side.
I use goat cheese in this recipe, though it seems to be a controversial cheese. Some love it and others proclaim that it tastes like goats smell and won’t touch it with a ten foot pole. If you are in the latter group, omit the cheese or use one that you like in its place. Feta, gorgonzola, and bleu are all great as well.
This is my current favorite salad and I usually eat a variation of it at least once a day. Of course, there are hundreds of ways to mix it up, but this is my favorite. I’ve written the instructions to serve four, but it can be adjusted up or down easily.
Spring Salad with Berries and Honey Mustard Recipe
- Prepare honey mustard dressing and set aside.
- To toast the pecans preheat a skillet over medium heat on the stove.
- Add pecans and heat, tossing occasionally, until they have just started to brown and smell amazing.
- Set the pecans aside until cooled.
- Put two big handfuls of lettuce/greens on a each plate.
- Chop chicken and top each salad with equal amounts of goat cheese, toasted pecans, cranberries, sliced strawberries, and dressing.
What is your favorite salad? Do you have a variation of this one? Let me know below!