Many of my recipes are simple stir fry type recipes because these are the ones I most often cook myself! From a convenience perspective, I certainly understand why many people choose fast food or processed food options… they save time (and sometimes money too).
That being said, with a little ingenuity, it is possible to make healthy options that are also fast and simple to prepare. I’ve found that by changing the spices used, it is easy to make a simple ground beef recipe taste delicious and add variety to a basic meal.
This simple stir fry is one of our favorites, and it is somewhat inspired by my Greek Meatloaf Recipe, which is one of my all time favorite recipes…
Greek Stir Fry
Yield 4 -6
A delicious and simple stir fry recipe inspired by the flavors of Greek cuisine! Fast to prepare!
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen Green Beans
- 1 large Onion
- 2 tablespoons of Butter or coconut oil
- 1 15-ounce can of Canned/Jar Diced Tomatoes (BPA free)
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 1 teaspoon Basil Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder or 1 clove fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaf
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add diced onion.
- Cook three minutes or until starting to become translucent.
- Add ground meat and cook until well browned.
- While cooking, add spices.
- Mince 2 tablespoons of fennel greens and 2 tablespoons of fennel bulb and add to pan.
- Add finely minced mint to pan.
- Once meat is browned, add the diced tomatoes (drain off liquid first!), green beans and any additional spices if needed.
- Cover pan and simmer 15+ minutes or until all vegetables have softened.
- Check after ten minutes and add a couple tablespoons of water or chicken broth if needed.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
What is your favorite stir fry? Share below!