Many of my recipes are simple stir fry type recipes because these are the ones I most often cook myself! From a convenience perspective, I certainly understand why many people choose fast food or processed food options… they save time (and sometimes money too).
That being said, with a little ingenuity, it is possible to make healthy options that are also fast and simple to prepare. I’ve found that by changing the spices used, it is easy to make a simple ground beef recipe taste delicious and add variety to a basic meal.
This simple stir fry is one of our favorites, and it is somewhat inspired by my Greek Meatloaf Recipe, which is one of my all time favorite recipes…
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen Green Beans
- 1 large Onion
- 2 tablespoons of Butter or coconut oil
- 1 15-ounce can of Canned/Jar Diced Tomatoes (BPA free)
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 1 teaspoon Basil Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder or 1 clove fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaf
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add diced onion.
- Cook three minutes or until starting to become translucent.
- Add ground meat and cook until well browned.
- While cooking, add spices.
- Mince 2 tablespoons of fennel greens and 2 tablespoons of fennel bulb and add to pan.
- Add finely minced mint to pan.
- Once meat is browned, add the diced tomatoes (drain off liquid first!), green beans and any additional spices if needed.
- Cover pan and simmer 15+ minutes or until all vegetables have softened.
- Check after ten minutes and add a couple tablespoons of water or chicken broth if needed.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
What is your favorite stir fry? Share below!