Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
We don’t go out to eat often, but when we do, I love Japanese food. It’s relatively easy to find wheat-free dishes, and the salads and stir fry dishes are wonderful! There is even a local restaurant that cooks in coconut oil!
One of my favorite things at our local Japanese restaurant is their ginger salad dressing (which probably has questionable ingredients, but I’ve avoided asking). Either way, my bank account and my health would both have problems if I headed to the restaurant every time I had a craving for their food. So I’ve been experimenting with an at-home version with nourishing ingredients and I am really happy with the final result.
Japanese Restaurant-Style Asian Ginger Vinaigrette
I’m a big fan of making my own salad dressings. I like know what’s going into them and making them fresh when I need them.
This Asian ginger dressing is a vinaigrette flavored with ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, onion, and a little tomato paste. I give it a whirl in a blender or food processor to make it smooth, and it’s done in under five minutes!
I now keep a bottle of this pre-made Asian vinaigrette in the fridge for lunch time (or breakfast time… I’m a little obsessed) salads. It goes great with my Asian Color Burst Salad and P.F. Chang-style Lettuce Wraps, but is also great drizzled on stir frys, burgers, chicken, or even fish. It also makes a great dipping sauce for meatball shish kabobs.
Asian Ginger Dressing Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or high speed food processor and blend until smooth.
More Homemade Salad Dressings
If you’re like me and enjoy the fresh flavor the comes from making your own salad dressings and vinaigrettes you might like to try some of these. And if you’re new to salad dressing making, give it a shot! It’s super quick and easy to do and completely worth it to know what is in the food you’re eating.
- Zesty Italian dressing and marinade
- A raspberry vinaigrette that uses fresh or frozen raspberries
- This recipe for BLT salad with avocado comes with instructions for a lemon mustard vinaigrette that’s delicious!
- Balsamic vinaigrette – great drizzled on roasted vegetables
- French dressing
- Homemade creamy Caesar dressing
- Healthy real-food ranch dressing
- A chili lime vinaigrette on a taco salad
Do you make your own salad dressings? Gonna try this one?