This is one of my favorite dessert recipes. Ever. Many thanks to reader Wanda who made the gorgeous one above and sent me a picture! 🙂 (It always gets eaten before I can take a picture around here)
I use a Cinderella pumpkin or “old fashioned pumpkin” for this recipe. The one I used for the original recipe weighed about 25 lbs and barely fit in my oven. I roasted it in the oven on 325°F for a few hours until it was soft and peeled the skin off. The flesh was enough to make more than 10 pies/cheesecakes and some Pumpkin Lattes.
I originally got this idea from Jimmy Moore’s Livin La Vida Low Carb Blog, and adapted it to our tastes. Play around with the stevia and spices to suit your taste! (and check out his blog for some other great recipes!)
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For crust, finely powder the nuts in a food processor or blender.
- Mix powdered nuts with coconut oil, egg, cinnamon, and honey or stevia, and use hands to press into bottom of pie pan.
- Put in oven for 10-15 minutes or until crust is slightly toasted.
- For filling, use a blender or immersion blender to mix together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, cream cheese, eggs, spices, vanilla, and sweetener.
- Pour filling into toasted crust.
- Return to oven and cook for 35-45 minutes or until top doesn't wiggle in center and starts to slightly crack on sides.
- Remove and let cool.
- Chill at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
What is your favorite dessert? Tell me about it below!