Crock Pot meatloaf is an easy and delicious meal that can cook while you work, play with your kids, or cross things off your to-do list. We like it better than regular meatloaf, and you avoid the chance of the meatloaf grease overflowing in the oven and causing a major cloud of smoke (am I the only one who has done that?).
This recipe is easy to vary: add cumin and chili powder for a Mexican flavor, pureed veggies to get your kids to eat them, or put bacon and homemade barbecue sauce on top (because bacon improves everything!).
Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix with hands to combine.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a metal loaf pan or directly in the Crock Pot. Place the loaf pan in the Crock Pot if using a loaf pan.
- Put the lid on the Crock Pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. If not using the loaf pan, it will cook faster, so check in 3-4 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
- When cooked, turn the Crock Pot off and let the meatloaf rest for 15-30 minutes with the lid off before slicing.
- Top with homemade ketchup (optional) and serve.
Random note: my kids actually like meatloaf with applesauce on it, so I add ½ cup applesauce in the last hour of cooking.
Ever made meatloaf in a Crock Pot? What is your secret to great meatloaf? Share below!