Tis the season for making homemade gifts, at least at our house!
A few days ago, I had a mom’s night out at my house and we made all kinds of homemade gifts like lotion bars, vapor rub lotion bars (recipe soon!) and homemade lipstick.
The lipstick was the biggest hit and it was so much fun to create our own customized flavors, scents and colors with natural ingredients like (click on the link to see the exact brand I used):
We made dozens of tubes of lipstick for pennies each and they will be great gifts and stocking stuffers this year. I’m also packaging up some ingredients to give as DIY lip balm and lipstick kits to friends and family.
Some natural products can take time to get used to, like natural shampoo and it can be tough to find the right mixture for your hair, but homemade lipstick is completely customizable and works better than the store bought right away.
Natural Lipstick Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons shea butter or cocoa butter
- 3 tablespoons beeswax
- 10 drops essential oil of choice
- 1/2 tsp (or more) mica powder of choice
How to Make Natural Lipstick:
- Melt coconut oil, shea or cocoa butter and beeswax in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Mica Powder and essential oils of choice. Dip the end of a spoon into the mixture and let it harden for a few seconds.
- Test the color and scent with your finger or on the skin of your wrist to make sure you like it. Add more if needed.
- Use a pipette or glass dropper to quickly transfer the mixture to the lip gloss containers or whatever container you are using.
- Let cool for 1 hour. Cap and use as needed.
What homemade beauty products have you made?