Nothing is more relaxing that a warm bath… except perhaps a relaxing warm detox bath that also helps cleanse the body…
Seriously- these detox baths will help remove toxins from the body and they also tend to make you tired so I suggest doing them before bed!
If you struggle with toxins or skin issues these natural recipes are a simple, easy and inexpensive way to boost health! I’m always up for a warm bath, and these natural add-ons help improve health while you relax!
Salt Detox Bath Recipe
- 1/4 cup Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Epsom Salt
- 1/4 cup Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Favorite essential oil if desired (I use 10 drops of peppermint or lavender)
What to do: Dissolve Salt, epsom salt, and baking soda in boiling water in a quart size jar and set aside. Fill tub with warm/hot water and add apple cider vinegar. Pour salt mixture in and add essential oils if using.
Soak in bath for 30 minutes or as long as desired. Note that with any detox bath, you may feel tired or lightheaded when you get out. I don’t recommend doing this while home alone or before going somewhere in case you are tired or need help.
This bath is great for soothing skin irritation, boosting magnesium levels and overall detoxing.
Clay Detox Bath Recipe
- Vigorously mix the clay in to a small amount of water until the clumps are mostly dissolved. Do not use metal for this! I mix with a plastic spoon in a glass jar. Add the clay mix to the bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Mix that clay with a small amount of water to make a paste. Stand in the tub full of water and rub the clay mix all over your body to create a skin mask and let dry for 5 minutes before sitting down. This provides direct contact with the skin and effectively pulls toxins from the skin. Soak in bath at least 20 minutes or as long as desired. While soaking, use a wash cloth to scrub any remaining clay off the skin.
This bath is great for removing a lot of toxins as the clay binds to heavy metals and the epsom salts help pull a variety of toxins from the body while replenishing magnesium levels.
Oxygen Detox Bath Recipe
- 2 cups (or more) of Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1 Tablespoon dried Ginger Powder
What to Do: Fill the tub with warm/hot water and add the hydrogen peroxide and dried Ginger. Soak in tub for 30 minutes or as long as desired. This bath is especially helpful during illness as the ginger helps clear congestion or alleviate body aches. It can also be helpful for allergies or skin irritation.
- The warmer the water, the more powerful the detox effect will be.
- If you have chlorine and fluoride in your water, I recommend adding a few tablespoons of bentonite clay to any of these baths to help absorb the chemicals so they aren’t absorbed into the skin.
- Any of these natural ingredients can be used alone or in combination for a cleansing effect.
- All recipes can be doubled or tripled but this will increase the detox effect.
- I recommend starting slowly with this or any health change.
Important: I am not a doctor or medical professional and the advice in this post is for informational purposes only. If you are pregnant or have a health condition, consult a doctor before adding anything to your health routine.