Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Caprese Salad
An easy summer favorite! We make this often when our tomatoes are in season. This classic Italian dish is light, flavorful and delicious!
4-5 medium size tomatoes, sliced 1/4 to 1/2 inch (good rule of thumb is one per person)
One slice raw mozzarella cheese per tomato slice
1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste
1. Slice tomatoes in1/4 or 1/2 inch slices, discarding top and bottom slice.
2. Layer tomatoes and slices of mozzarella on serving dish.
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic salt if desired
4. Sprinkle with shredded fresh basil.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.